Official druryj Pay it Forward exchange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize that the OSA Website and forums are basically centered on topics related to shooting, hunting, fishing, reloading, cars, and semi-naked pretty women or the occasional grotesque stuff RickN posts -I do take peek now and then :) , but I’m sure members have interests and hobbies besides the main focus of this website. One of mine is reading. One could refer to me as an avid reader, which brings me to the question I am posting about.

I am gradually disposing of stuff I don’t need in my life or in my house to eventually downsize. I have a fair number of books I am going to dispose of;ones I never plan to read again, that are just filling up shelves and boxes. I have books I plan to keep and will never part with and may very well read again.

I am going to gradually make a list of those by name and author and would gladly give them to members that might be interested.

I could donate them to the local library; but won’t. The local library has been gradually getting rid of printed books and going with digital books or audio books. I don’t enjoy either. The last time I went to the local library half the shelves were bare. If I donate books to the library they will simply sell them or trash them. My wife reads mostly on her IPad and I prefer holding a physical book.

I could also trade the books I don’t want at book stores that will take used books and allow one to use the trade-in values for books they have to sell, but the exchange is not very equitable.

If others are interested I can work up a list and send the list via PM. It will take some time on my part to go through all the books.

Also, perhaps there might interest in a thread dedicated to swapping books or book recommendations. I’m always looking for new books to read and at times run out of ideas. Currently, I have read every book I possess and will be exploring new books to read.

Thoughts?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize that the OSA Website and forums are basically centered on topics related to shooting, hunting, fishing, reloading, cars, and semi-naked pretty women or the occasional grotesque stuff RickN posts -I do take peek now and then :) , but I’m sure members have interests and hobbies besides the main focus of this website. One of mine is reading. One could refer to me as an avid reader, which brings me to the question I am posting about.

I am gradually disposing of stuff I don’t need in my life or in my house to eventually downsize. I have a fair number of books I am going to dispose of;ones I never plan to read again, that are just filling up shelves and boxes. I have books I plan to keep and will never part with and may very well read again.

I am going to gradually make a list of those by name and author and would gladly give them to members that might be interested.

I could donate them to the local library; but won’t. The local library has been gradually getting rid of printed books and going with digital books or audio books. I don’t enjoy either. The last time I went to the local library half the shelves were bare. If I donate books to the library they will simply sell them or trash them. My wife reads mostly on her IPad and I prefer holding a physical book.

I could also trade the books I don’t want at book stores that will take used books and allow one to use the trade-in values for books they have to sell, but the exchange is not very equitable.

If others are interested I can work up a list and send the list via PM. It will take some time on my part to go through all the books.

Also, perhaps there might interest in a thread dedicated to swapping books or book recommendations. I’m always looking for new books to read and at times run out of ideas. Currently, I have read every book I possess and will be exploring new books to read.

Thoughts?

I donate my once read books to my very small hometown library (Allen, OK). They genuinely want these books because a lot of the seniors in small towns still read books as opposed to digital sources. The small town libraries usually have a very limited budget to source 'new' material.

Nursing homes could also be a viable receiver of books because of the same situation as above..

Good luck with your choice, whatever it may be!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Forgalspop - good idea. There are other options as well. One of our local hospice groups (non-profit) has a used book sale once or twice a year. It's a major fund raiser for them, and all of the books come from donations. We also have a thrift store in town that donates millions, literally, back into the community. Our used/unwanted books are donated to one of these two groups. Good luck!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thoughts?

You could start a neighborhood free library / book exchange box.

Little-free-libraries-examples-6x9-1.jpg

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Forgalspop - good idea. There are other options as well. One of our local hospice groups (non-profit) has a used book sale once or twice a year. It's a major fund raiser for them, and all of the books come from donations. We also have a thrift store in town that donates millions, literally, back into the community. Our used/unwanted books are donated to one of these two groups. Good luck!

I like that idea. I will look into a local Hospice, if there is one in Guthrie. My mother was in a Hospice in Florida before she passed and they were great. I don't know if there is one in Guthrie, but perhaps Edmond has one. Thanks!

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have free for the taking an older desktop computer. It’s a HP Media Center Model with an Intel Pentium D CPU @ 3.00 GHZ, with 4GB of ram (3.4GB usable due to XP limitation) It has Windows XP operating system with service pack 3. It has a 300GB hard drive, partitioned into C and D drives. Comes with a USB Wifi adapter. It has a Nvida GeForce GT710 video card. It has 2 dvd drives I have not used in quite some time. I have an external drive I use because the DVD burner quit working if my memory serves me correctly. The external DVD drive is not included.

There are few games loaded and a few programs. I have wiped it clean of all my data.

We have been using this computer up until this past December when I purchased two new computers. It has the original hard drive, motherboard, power supply etc. I did install the max memory and a better graphics card, otherwise factory stock configuration. It has never crashed and been dependable since 2,006.

It has Mozilla Foxfire installed but Mozilla no longer supports XP. This is why I finally gave in and purchased new computers. My wife pays all our bills and banking transactions online and most of the institutions require the latest greatest browser to log on, so I was forced to move into the modern world of Windows 10.

Anyhow, I don’t know if anybody could use this. Perhaps to store info on the hard drive, or surf the net, or play a few games on, or use the chassis or fill it full of Tannerite and blow the thing up.

It is only the computer alone – no monitor, keyboard, mouse or speakers.

Free to pick up in Guthrie, OK

I can take pictures if interested. PM if you are interested.

Thanks!

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weber Sprit 3 burner propane grill, the cast iron version. 15 yrs old, still works, cooked on it last weekend. Needs help tho. The under side is falling apart. Picked up a new Weber.

Fertilizer spreader. Push, 40# hopper. Tires hold air.

Pics wont load?

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone in the Edmond, Guthrie or OKC are have a bunch of 5gal buckets with lids cluttering up their shed or garage they would like to dispose of? I have a need for about 10 buckets. If I have to, I will get some at Home Depot. Sure wish I hadn't thrown away all the ones I did over the years. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom