Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, Don.

Here are the images from my test. Both of these photos were taken with my D700 and had a file size right near 5 megabytes each. (One was 5.1mb and the other was 5.4mb.) They also had dimensions of 4256 pixels by 2832 pixels.

This first one of the tracked vehicles retained the pixel dimensions of 4256x2832. The file size after using Photoshop Element 6 on it and prior to uploading to Photobucket ended up being 354kb, down from 5.01 megabytes.

These next two were resized at different sizes in Photobucket after uploading the full image at 4256x2832 pixels and 5.04 megabytes.

This one is at 700x465 pixels and 239 kb file size.

This last one was resized to 950x631 pixels and 338 kilobytes file size.

EDIT: As you can see, I've got much larger photos than your picture of the dog, but (and this is a big BUT) my original image size may be much larger pixel dimensions than what your camera or phone is taking. Do you have an idea of the original sizes (pixels and file size) of your original for the dog picture?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is about what I saw at Photobucket. All they give you to work with are the pixel dimensions, so you aren't doing anything wrong. In order to find the file size of a resized photo done on Photobucket, I had to "save as" and put in on my hard drive. Then, by hovering the mouse over the saved image, I can see the file size in KB or MB. Photobucket doesn't give that info.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20160205_153719.jpgmy granddaughter

Latest posts

Top Bottom