Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK collared lizard

Bingo! Collard Lizard - The State Reptile of Oklahoma. I took pictures of this critter at our place in New Mexico. We have an abundance of lizard of various types there, but only saw this one time in 2012 and since then. I had to do some research and found out it is the OK State reptile. I've never seen one in Oklahoma.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo! Collard Lizard - The State Reptile of Oklahoma. I took pictures of this critter at our place in New Mexico. We have an abundance of lizard of various types there, but only saw this one time in 2012 and since then. I had to do some research and found out it is the OK State reptile. I've never seen one in Oklahoma.

Correction - I've never seen another one since that one time. It was a pretty lizard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a healthy population of "mountain boomer" lizards as they are commonly called in North Central Ok. OSU has been doing a study on them for many years at Sooner lake. They identify them with different color paint dots on their backs, bring students out to capture and document them on occasion. They float really well by inflating their lungs and letting the wind or use their legs to cross water.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this one last spring at Woolaroc

IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom