Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sunrise yesterday...

Jan 20.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some pics of my D.C. trip this past Sept., it was my first time back since I was stationed there in the 90's.

From the hotel:

View attachment 341144

View attachment 341145

National Cathedral:
View attachment 341146

I'll try and post more over the next week.

Yes! Do that! When I was stationed TDY in Virginia back in 1967, we had to wait for passports and visas before going to Pakistan, so I got to go visit D.C. for a few weeks and see the sights. While I wouldn't want to live there, it is great to see good pictures of things there.

Did you happen to get to see the National Native American Veteran's Memorial? That memorial was designed by an Oklahoma Native American artist who was a co-worker of ours when we worked at the OSBI. We wanted to be there when they "dedicated" that memorial, but the timing was delayed because it was going to be right after the 2020 election, and we figured that riots would have been going on regardless of who won.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes! Do that! When I was stationed TDY in Virginia back in 1967, we had to wait for passports and visas before going to Pakistan, so I got to go visit D.C. for a few weeks and see the sights. While I wouldn't want to live there, it is great to see good pictures of things there.

Did you happen to get to see the National Native American Veteran's Memorial? That memorial was designed by an Oklahoma Native American artist who was a co-worker of ours when we worked at the OSBI. We wanted to be there when they "dedicated" that memorial, but the timing was delayed because it was going to be right after the 2020 election, and we figured that riots would have been going on regardless of who won.

@TerryMiller I did!

PXL_20220906_162703429.jpg

PXL_20220906_163518396.jpg

PXL_20220906_162710981.jpg

Sorry but no closer pics. I'll reach out to my son and see if he took any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom