OG&E Solar power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was an ad on TV today by Generac. As near as I could tell they were talking about putting solar on your roof with their battery system would save $1500 a year on my electric bill.
No tellin' what that costs. Ha Ha! My house is a total electric house and the bill for the whole year doesn't even cost $1500. But! There's a sucker born every minute!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was an ad on TV today by Generac. As near as I could tell they were talking about putting solar on your roof with their battery system would save $1500 a year on my electric bill.
No tellin' what that costs. Ha Ha! My house is a total electric house and the bill for the whole year doesn't even cost $1500. But! There's a sucker born every minute!
If it's the same one I saw, I'm pretty sure Generac is just selling the battery system, not solar or anything else to charge it--basically, they're hawking a competitor to Tesla's Power Wall. Then again, I wasn't paying all that much attention, so they could've been trying to sell the whole deal.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bunch of bull. Have solar hooked to grid for a year now. $20 connection fee all year long with Choctaw electric. Bank extra production for winter months. 30% tax credit on tax return. Dunno about og&e but it was damn sure worth it under Choctaw electric terms.
It sounds like you're talking about having a solar system on your house, which isn't what swampratt is discussing (buying "solar" electricity from OG&E).

Latest posts

Top Bottom