OGE is the most worthless company on earth!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's called a monopoly. They don't give a damn because they know you can't choose another electric company.
That is not correct. Every 10 years by law every community that is served by OGE is offered an election to select who their electrical provider will be. Most times there is no company that wants to compete, so the resolution is passed without vote, just like a city council person that has no person opposing them.
I have sympathy with those that lose their electrical power, but a lot of it comes from aging infrastructure that needs to be updated. The only way it can be updated is with short customer outages to replace switches, transformers, etc.
When that is complete, the service reliability should improve.
Nothing can be done when natural disasters take out entire blocks or cities. The electrical grid is an amazing thing if you know how it works with redundancy and the ability to switch around troubled areas that will get electricity back to areas that are suffering losses from natural disasters or auto's hitting poles.
I certainly recommend generators in everyone's home. I live in the country so when an Ice storm hits, we are the last to get service restored. First Priorities are Hospitals, and nursing homes and then businesses that support the community or local government offices, then residential areas. If they can fix an area with 500 homes with one fix, that takes priority over one block of 10 homes.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i swear I absolutely hate this worthless company. We were just getting ready to settle in an heat our dinner up and eat when bam! The electricity goes out. For the second time today I might add. It was off two hours earlier when I was at work so that didn’t affect me. But this one sure does. I then called it in and it says “we know of the outage in your area. Your service has been purposely shut off so we can “upgrade” equipment to make it run better”. I cannot sit here and believe those idiots chose right in the middle of the evening to do this. We have nothing but problems with them. The power goes off all the time for not only me but my parents 3 blocks away. But right on the other side of the street outside my addition they have power because they are Canadian valley. Every time ours is off theirs is on. I just cannot believe how horrible this company is. I would give anything to be with Canadian valley. They can actually keep their service on. Rant over.

Most worthless? You have obviously never had Cox Cable “service”. Of course, in putting this in perspective, there is a difference in missing out on the funnies on Saturday morning and not being able to heat up your Hungry Man Salisbury Steak with Whipped Potatoes and REAL Artificial Gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I can honestly say I have been spoiled. Have OGE and Cox and for the most part things have been good. There is a point about a half mile north of us that is the cutoff between the majority of town and where I am at and most of the time the rest of town is without power and I am good. The longest it has ever been off is about 45 minutes or so in the winter a couple years ago. I do have flashes and flickers at times but the battery backups deal with those pretty well.

As far as Cox service has been ok here but I know there is an amp going bad across the road from where I am at. Spoke with a tech and they were "working on it" which is how I know what and where it is. When the temp gets over 85 to 90 I start seeing uncorrected codeword errors creep up and start getting T3's and T4's. Since it is cooling off now it won't be an issue but next year if I start having issues I will be hounding them.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's called a monopoly. They don't give a damn because they know you can't choose another electric company.

It's kind of like the gas company and the cable company in this town. At least with cable you can try satellite if you don't mind losing signal every time a cloud pops up.
I'm in an apt now, and can't get satellite due to no line of sight. I had Dish for 10 years, and loved it. About the only time it went out was when an inch or more snow built up on the dish. A broom would fix that in 30 seconds. When my lease is up I might move just so I can get Dish.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea they're worthless. The day after the big tornado blew half of Moore away I went to get a inverter generator to run my computer and new flat screen TV on. I had already bought a regular portable the Friday before the 2007 ice storm and of course never really needed it. My mom ran it for about 22 hours from that, but I never lost power. Anyway, when I got home with the inverter after the tornado the lights, TV, and internet were on when I walked in. It was the day after. Blocks of poles and line were just gone one street north of me and they had it on the next day. Yep. Worthless...

Latest posts

Top Bottom