OGE is the most worthless company on earth!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno how well decisions are made at the top of any of those companies, but I do know those people who get out there in whatever kind of weather and in pretty much any conditions and climb those poles in the middle of a cold, windy as hell sleet storm to get services restored are damn sure not what I’d call worthless. I say hats off to them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i swear I absolutely hate this worthless company. We were just getting ready to settle in an heat our dinner up and eat when bam! The electricity goes out. For the second time today I might add. It was off two hours earlier when I was at work so that didn’t affect me. But this one sure does. I then called it in and it says “we know of the outage in your area. Your service has been purposely shut off so we can “upgrade” equipment to make it run better”. I cannot sit here and believe those idiots chose right in the middle of the evening to do this. We have nothing but problems with them. The power goes off all the time for not only me but my parents 3 blocks away. But right on the other side of the street outside my addition they have power because they are Canadian valley. Every time ours is off theirs is on. I just cannot believe how horrible this company is. I would give anything to be with Canadian valley. They can actually keep their service on. Rant over.
There is no need to be inhibited. Tell us what you really think.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in an apt now, and can't get satellite due to no line of sight. I had Dish for 10 years, and loved it. About the only time it went out was when an inch or more snow built up on the dish. A broom would fix that in 30 seconds. When my lease is up I might move just so I can get Dish.
I HATED satellite. We had Direct TV. Of the 500 channels they brag about, 450 of them are in Spanish, 40 of them were infomercial channels and the remaining 10 were what we watched. If there was a cloud in the county 20 miles away, we didn't get service. That's not so good during tornado season. C'mon by, I'll give you my satellite.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we (An anonymous telephone company) need to do an upgrade to the system, as was stated by the OP, it's in the Maintenance Window (Midnight - 6 AM). Definitely NOT dinner time.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I HATED satellite. We had Direct TV. Of the 500 channels they brag about, 450 of them are in Spanish, 40 of them were infomercial channels and the remaining 10 were what we watched. If there was a cloud in the county 20 miles away, we didn't get service. That's not so good during tornado season. C'mon by, I'll give you my satellite.

When the weather knocks my DirecTv out I just switch over to antenna tv. Problem solved.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have issues with satellite going out and you have directtv or dish I would suggest grabbing a larger dish. The little 18 inch dishes work to concentrate the signal and bounce it to the LNB, the modern receivers are more sensitive but can still lose signal, a larger dish concentrates more of the signal into the LNB. This is the reason why commercial installations or installations in area's with a lower signal often use larger dishes. Even going from an 18 inch dish to a 30 inch dish will help some or you can buy an amplifier.

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=DS2076 is a pretty cheap deal to increase the signal. This will not work if you have one of the multi satellite dishes but for the single lnb ones it should work very well. When the Canadians, people in Alaska or Hawaii want directtv or dish network service they will sometimes use the old 5 to 8 foot k-band dishes with a modern LNB mounted.

If you think it should just work and spending an extra dime should not be required feel free to disregard and rant away even though a solution is available. And if the service is off constantly it could be the dish aiming, the lnb, a splitter, the cable or even a receiver that is bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom