Oh for Heaven's Sake ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wallow in self-pity much?? This article pretty much describes every damned millenial I've ever met. There are kids out there a good 10 years younger than them living good lives -- married, have a baby or two, working and getting on with the good things in life while doing their best to get by during the bad stuff that happens. Kinda like us boomers have always done.

I realize that every group of whatevers out there have fringe members of both extremes but as a whole these damned millenials have got to be the biggest bunch of crybabies I've ever seen ... Good grief.

Hey guys!! GROW THE **** UP!! You should be ashamed that a bunch of old has-beens and your own kids are better at life than you are. Unless you are a Gates, a Rockefeller, a Jobs or a Soros chances are you are gonna have to get out of Mommy's basement and get a job eventually. Might as well do it now -- before she dies, the bank collects on that reverse mortgage she had to take out to make sure you had your frozen pizzas and pudding cups and you find yourself homeless. I doubt very much your kids will want to take you in. 🤷 Sheesh ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...re-considered-immature/ar-AA12DDCV?li=BBnbfcL

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know...

What I think is hilarious, every single time I see it...often directed at me, I might add, is when one of these youngsters makes fun of my age or calls me boomer. Like it's an insult. Call me boomer all you want...call me gramps all you want. I lived a very fulfilling life and now I'm living the best, happiest years of my life and I love it.

I'm sure a lot of you old boomers feel the same way.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know...

What I think is hilarious, every single time I see it...often directed at me, I might add, is when one of these youngsters makes fun of my age or calls me boomer. Like it's an insult. Call me boomer all you want...call me gramps all you want. I lived a very fulfilling life and now I'm living the best, happiest years of my life and I love it.

I'm sure a lot of you old boomers feel the same way.

Yep!! I carry my labels like the badge of honor they are. 😁😁 I can't help it if you are confused about why I can look back and be proud of what I've accomplished in my life. Left home at 18 and except for the year I had to go back home (a preschooler, a toddler and one on the way that was a high risk pregnancy) when my alcoholic husband cleaned out the bank account, loaded up a UHaul, maxxed out all the credit cards and moved to Arkansas -- going home to mommy -- while I was in the hospital having surgery in my second trimester I have ALWAYS stood on my own 2 feet. So ... Did I have to move onto their property into a single-wide that was so dilapidated and dirty I wouldn't have kept my chickens in it?? Yep. Did I have help from DHS for a couple years?? Yep. Did I ever get a dime of child support?? Nope. Did anyone else ever help me financially?? Nope. Did my folks tell me my ex- had passed away so I could collect my boys SSI from the years David worked before he was injured? Nope -- they and the rest of my family "let" me continue working 2 and 3 jobs at a time to keep us out of a homeless shelter and fed -- all the while telling my kids what a horrible mom I was for never being at home with them. And folks wonder why I say I don't have any family.

Grumpy is fond of reminding me he kept working when I was sick/injured. La-de-****ing-dah ... I have done the same for him. If he hadn't been here I would have managed like I always have. It's not like I'm not used to taking care of myself. 🤷

So, yes, I am a Boomer. And yes, I am proud of that fact. I realize that a lot of what has happened to me in my life has been sheer dumb luck -- sometimes I look back and wonder just how I actually kept us outta a shelter and while I might have gone to bed hungry my kids NEVER did.

The sad thing is I'm positive there are men and women out there (of all generations, not just boomers) who have had a much harder time of it than I did. And there is not much I can do for them. Except say you CAN get it done. Sometimes it is a matter of only focusing on that next step in front of you. And ONLY that one. Because looking any farther ahead than that will scare the beejeebus outta ya! (And you can call me "Granny" all you want! 😂😂)

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
GenX FTW!!!

gen-x-memes simp.jpg

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The world has become more tolerant of those who choose to suck off of their parents and government. My girlfriend is a realtor. She got a call today from a lady who wants to rent a house and qualifies for section 8 housing benefits of $3100 per month. I’ve never lived in a house that cost $3100 a month to rent have you? No telling how many kids by how many men this welfare queen has. Young people think a student loan should be forgiven for their 5 year degree in gender studies and the list goes on. Of course the old farts back in our day thought we wouldn’t t amount to anything either ….

Latest posts

Top Bottom