Oh for Heaven's Sake ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where'd you get the Flowbee? I need one one, now. My barber passed away last week, and I can't stand the thought of going anywhere else. Her salon was in her former garage, right across the street, and she's been cutting my hair for most of 25 years. Seems like I've lost all my IRL social life now.

My wife has cut my hair for years. Thinking about gettin' an electric head shaver that is rechargeable. Has anyone bought one? They are around $35 to $99 TIA

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Not all of us.

I don't do anything "tactical"...clothing or otherwise. I did enough of that playing dress up in the military and law enforcement. I don't wear anything that will attract attention to me or anyone I'm with just like I don't put anything on my truck/car that will attract attention.

The only thing that might remotely identify me as a vet is my hair. Haven't changed the way I wear it since 1979. Shorter the better. Wife hates it that I won't let it grow out a bit.

Speaking of hair...here's another little tid-bit that you'll likely find hilarious. I use a Flowbee to cut my own hair...for about the last 5 years now. And I get a kick out of telling my wife I need a Flow-job. I think it got old to her about 4.9 years ago. But, like she says...61 going on 14.
Where do you get the hair, to have the need for a barber, much less a flowbee?
Asking for a few friends…

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has cut my hair for years. Thinking about gettin' an electric head shaver that is rechargeable. Has anyone bought one? They are around $35 to $99 TIA

I've got a couple of the Wahl Personal Trimmers, and a couple of the Pet trimmers that are rechargeable. They actually work pretty well. The most recent pet trimmer was similar to this one: https://www.amazon.com/oneisall-Clippers-Rechargeable-Cordless-Electric/dp/B01LPTS754, though this one is about half again more expensive. I cannot tell any difference from the previous one I have except that the charger is keyed for reverse polarity from the old one. Both still work, but I'd lost the charger for the old one, which of course, I found after I got the new one. As per usual. :) The Wahl personal trimmers I got at Walmart. IIRC, they cost about as much as the pet trimmers, and look much like them, but are about a third the size. It's been some years since I tried to do the whole haircut with one of the Wahl trimmers, but IIRC it was good until I also started removing the heavy beard. Only takes a couple of hours to charge, IIRC, so plan ahead, you should be all right!

Bill

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazon or eBay...don't remember. I do know they've about doubled in price. I paid about $75 when I bought it.
Just looked at amazon, call it $225-285... for that I'll just let it grow! Or steal my dog's trimmer!

I think I've mentioned that I'm a cheap bastrich here before?

Latest posts

Top Bottom