Oh for Heaven's Sake ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why I have long hair in a pony tail and a scruffy beard
I spent 24 years in the USAF, and I've grown it out a few times since I retired in 1997, but the hair touching my ears bothers me, and eventually I have get it all cut off again. Longest it lasted was, I think, about three or four years, and almost long enough to pull into a pony tail, but I just couldn't stand it long enough to get a tie in it. Beard gets too itchy, too. Even short and well-trimmed. I guess I'm just a twitchy person.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent 24 years in the USAF, and I've grown it out a few times since I retired in 1997, but the hair touching my ears bothers me, and eventually I have get it all cut off again. Longest it lasted was, I think, about three or four years, and almost long enough to pull into a pony tail, but I just couldn't stand it long enough to get a tie in it. Beard gets too itchy, too. Even short and well-trimmed. I guess I'm just a twitchy person.
I am similar. I keep my hair pretty tight because it is low upkeep outside of a haircut every 3 weeks. I did let part of it get about 6-8" long in my 20s but it was a mohawk so it never touched my ears then either hahaha.

I wish I had the tolerance to grow more of a beard, but the itching and trying to eat through it means I can make it to about 5/8" long and have to trim it back down again. I just cant make it past that hurdle and I try at least once a year hahaha.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to inform y’all that I’m an oddball millennial myself.

34 years old, got married young. Have a happy family, wife/3kids/own a house on a few acres. Working toward self sufficiently on our own land. Not in much debt at all. Etc etc… definitely wasn’t born silver spoon either. I’m blue collar as hell.

I’ve worked my a** off and have always tried to make smart financial decisions to get where I’m at. We ain’t wealthy but we’re comfortable.

Screw all the waaa waaa wambulance millennials.. and the dummies stuck in a forever perpetual stage of adolescence!!!

I envy you boomers. Wife and I are “old souls”

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanted to inform y’all that I’m an oddball millennial myself.

34 years old, got married young. Have a happy family, wife/3kids/own a house on a few acres. Working toward self sufficiently on our own land. Not in much debt at all. Etc etc… definitely wasn’t born silver spoon either. I’m blue collar as hell.

I’ve worked my a** off and have always tried to make smart financial decisions to get where I’m at. We ain’t wealthy but we’re comfortable.

Screw all the waaa waaa wambulance millennials.. and the dummies stuck in a forever perpetual stage of adolescence!!!

I envy you boomers. Wife and I are “old souls”

It's interesting how you feel like you were born in the wrong era, huh?? I always envied my grandparents. When they would tell stories about how life was for them I was always awed by how tough and resilient they were. I had no use whatsoever for the hippies, feminists and "love children" of my generation. As far as I'm concerned they were the beginning of the mess we are in now.

I am definitely would have been an outsider in that generation, also, though ... When you are the girl your dad got when he wanted a boy I'm what happens. 🤷🤷 I'd much rather work cattle with the guys than cook dinner with the gals. Women are such catty creatures when they get together ... 🤦

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang you sound handsome! Haha

Handsomest feller in the holler... Course...that picture's a few years old.

Carhartt Furry Hat (2).jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hair was short, long, business haircut, pony tail (couldn't do the mullet thing), but now, I cut it myself with dog clippers.
Had 3 different sets of clippers, nothing works as well as the dog clippers, fast and smooth. Done the beard, gotten, only consistency was the 'stash. Been a constant since HS. Except for 9 months, Company policy on shaving. Reason I quit, no problem with a guy having a pony tail to his belt, but no facial hair.

Wif is on my case now, about the Fu Manchu. Haven't trimmed it since hospital and having Fauci biohazard. Said I wasn't cutting until going back to work. Looks like I'm never going back, now what. It is 8" long.

Attachments

• 20221007_093752.jpg
    20221007_093752.jpg
    842.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom