OH man Skunk smell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I went to get chicken eggs and only got 1/2 what I was supposed to get.
I smelled Skunk in the roosting box but only a little bit. Then I looked around the coop and found where one may have dug under my buried 2X.
I fixed the area and set foot hold traps out.

Later in the evening time to go to bed I must visit the throne before I head to bed.. Like clock work you know must go #2.
Don't you hate it when you smell something bad that could be what your farts smell like later on.

Well I could not finish fast enough I was stinking myself out!

Wife said she walked into the hall and said I was pretty stinky.
After I was finished I came out and it smelled worse outside the bathroom.

AAAHHHHH!
I bet I caught a skunk in the trap.
I go outside to check traps and one was tripped but no skunk but the skunk left me a STINKY present.
WOW that smell is everywhere.
I sprayed the area with the peroxide baking soda dawn solution this morning.
We will see how it goes.
The entire house smells of sunk. Oh Joy.
And Good morning. :)

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot's of folk remedies some work, a lot make it worse. It has been a while since had a need, but when my Rat terriers got after a skunk i would spray them down with Natures Miracle. Didn't eliminate it, but reduced it to tolerable.

When the stink gets in clothing, hang them out side for a couple of days and let wind blow the stink out.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog got sprayed last week. Directly in the mouth. Then he slung it and rubbed it on everything before I realized what happened. It smells like rotten gear oil.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG I'd have to move out! Lol I've been exposed to some nasty smells in my life but skunk takes the cake. It will put me on my knees, puking uncontrollably in a heartbeat. Even stuffing my nostrils fill of Vicks doesn't help.

OdorBan works on it. I have a jug here at the house if you need some. Just holler.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One or two of my dogs will get skunked once in a while on our pre-dawn walks. The stink is oil-based, which is why it gets everywhere and lingers for so long. I use liquid Dawn, the same stuff they use to clean birds and wildlife that get oiled during a spill. Works well, though a lot of rinsing is needed to get all of the soap out of their fur.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog still stinks. Even seems to stink worse after washing him again. It’s a good thing I love him or he would be stuck outside. I went through the drive through with him and I’m pretty sure they smelled it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom