Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the reaction hurt our economy, but the by design part i'm less sold on.

That said, i don't see how requiring a mask (but allowing places to remain open) hurts the economy as much as the spread does. Having restaurants close after an outbreak, businesses forced to be understaffed due to covid illnesses, childcare issues, school closings, travel restrictions, etc all seem like they would have a negative impact on the economy. We've had multiple weddings get cancelled this year because no one is willing to travel to attend, guest limits at venues are forced to remain small, places are having to limit options (i.e. no more buffet style service). A cancelled wedding hurts a lot of vendors, many of whom are small businesses. But having a wedding go forward, even with masks, still keeps money flowing to us.
By design, mark my words, this pandemic scare will stop after the Nov. Election. Mask dont hurt the economy but its a chess game man. Part of the puzzle to create and hold fear in the nation. If you cant see it, I dont know how to make it more clear.
First we had Impeachment, that failed to remove Trump, later we had Covid and the economy sank and when the DOW made a comeback, shortly after, that was bad for the Libs so they bus in BLM to protest and cause more civil unrest. Follow the pattern and if you dont see it, I cant help you.

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just judging from what we saw it looks like the Norman mandatory mask rule is up to the business.

Walmart Super Center just off I-35 is back to having only one door open to enter and exit......no mask no enter.

Aldi food store on Main St......no mask no problem.

Sooner Mall.......no mask no problem.

Homeland on Lindsey St. has a employee sitting just inside the door and if you are not wearing a mask she hands you one.......so basically no mask no enter.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just judging from what we saw it looks like the Norman mandatory mask rule is up to the business.

Walmart Super Center just off I-35 is back to having only one door open to enter and one to exit......no mask no enter.

Aldi food store on Main St......no mask no problem.

Sooner Mall.......no mask no problem.

Homeland on Lindsey St. has a employee sitting just inside the door and if you are not wearing a mask she hands you one.......so basically no mask no enter.

What's with Walmart and their limiting entry points? Easier to catch non-mask folks?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^^Some people just don't get it. The reason for wearing a mask is just to complicated. One more time.....the reason to wear a mask is so you don't give that crap to your fellow man/ woman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom