Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense intended Hoddy. I never said people don't poke fun, I suggested only the lowest forms of life do so. I stand by that. It takes a real POS to make fun of a person with any disability. I must have misunderstood you when you mentioned embarrassment due to your condition. I'm glad you don't get the feels over it. I meant what I said, the reading lips thing is a good argument to mask mandates. I just found the loophole ADA guideline around it and couldn't resist.
I wouldn't call my grandchildren or my friends the lowest form of life but I do understand your comment and have no argument with it. No foul.
They may jokingly say grandpa can't hear and laugh when I can't understand them and I laugh along with them, but it hurts inside because it has an effect on our relationship. Everyone with a disability has those same feelings. Some let it take them into a state of depression that can spiral downhill and some take the disability to educate others about what goes on behind the lines to create understanding. That's what I do here and in several threads in the past with folks that have hearing disabilities. I'm a glass of water mostly full vs a glass of water mostly empty person. Somewhere under that pile of horseshit there must be a horse to build that pile person.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
first case in china wasn't reported until what, December 31st or something like that.
"Reported" is the key word. There are news reports out there that puts it back over a month prior. China only decided to "report" it when it was evident it was going to be a pandemic that could easily be traced back to them as it was.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the infected count has gone up and this is generally seen as a bad sign.

But if you have testing centers and let people get tested, the counts WILL go up. (conversely, if there are no test kits then the count stays at zero)

It doesn't matter which virus or bacteria you test. If it's an airborne pathogen and you have people living together in an area, then yes things do spread because that's the very nature of the pathogen. Most people have an immune system that can handle random airborne pathogens thata are always transmitted among populations (even pre-2020 corona days)

So when did "flatten the curve" (for hospital capacity) turn into "stop the spread"? As far as I can tell, the serious cases and deaths in OK have not skyrocketed and our hospitals have capacity.

This thing is going to spread, in fact it has been, but I'm not seeing reports of Mercy, Norman Regional, or Integris being inundated.

So what the heck is the problem? Why are some of our state leaders trying to fight biology?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Science does flip flop from time to time. That's how it works. Conclusions are veered by discovery of new information. It's no different than common round ballistics. For years, 45ACP was the premier round for knock down power. But it changed when 9mm became superior. It'll change again when 10mm gets popular enough as it is the true ballistic master cartridge.

Science is based in discovery. Politics is what muddies the water because talking heads with journalism degrees somehow get taken more seriously than the experts in the field.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The government makes you wear clothes in public, is that a violation of your civil rights?

Asking for a friend....

For every opinion, there will be followers.
qftx4o3h5y951.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it changed when 9mm became superior.
Your not keeping up with the shoot through the bed of my pickup with different calibers video in previous threads.
Your totally safe standing behind the sheet metal bed of a pickup if someone is shooting at you with a miracle 9mm.
If your standing in the same place a .45 ACP will result in you being shot. There is the little thing in physics about how a heavier object has more kinetic energy.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is the little thing in physics about how a heavier object has more kinetic energy.
Actually, velocity is more important than mass for kinetic energy because the velocity is squared in the equation--if you double the mass you double the energy, but if you double the velocity you quadruple the energy. That's why a tiny 55gr 5.56 projectile has more energy than a 240gr .44 Mag.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But is it really though? Seems like all bets are off once we get inside anyway.
Not if people won't assist in the effort. The one in Edmond had arrows on the aisles for traffic flow also. That did not appear to be effective to me. Most seem to ignore them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom