Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So masks are akin to suppressors? You can technically have one, but you must apply for a stamp first. It causes legal, law abiding citizens extra steps to enjoy their freedom and 2A rights, right?

No, not everyone is required to have a suppressor to use a firearm, such as they want everyone that wants to walk down the street to have a mask on. Suppressors are regulated federally by folks that the masses voted on, a little different than some left jackwagon that was voted into mayoral office in a town that I don't even live in, but must do most of my business in, just because he/she thinks they know what's in the best interest for my health, which is up to me. If a business wants to require masks to enter, that is their right, I can choose to do business there and wear a mask or go somewhere else, that is my right. I don't live in the city limits, therefore I don't vote for any mayors, and I can be certain zero county commissioners have ever even thought of suggesting county wide mask mandates, probably because they don't have the authority to, just like a mayor or city counsel doesn't.

Yes I do think the paperwork Class 3 BS that goes along with suppressors is just that also, BS and also an over reach, but suppressors aren't covered in any of my personal rights mentioned in the Constitution.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why you should have extra masks and change them often if you are coughing and sneezing a lot.

If I'm coughing and sneezing a lot I'm not getting out in the first place . . .

It's why they call them disposable masks.

Not everyone is wearing disposable masks though . . .

Servers in restaurants that wear the same face mask and gloves all day are pretty much defeating the purpose of wearing them. Don't be the last person they serve that day.

That's what curb-side pickup or drive through is for . . .

Depends on the sneeze but even a light sneeze spreads out like that.

Only if it's uncovered . . .

This isn't anything new as these pictures and even videos have been out there for years trying to get people to cover a cough or sneeze. Sadly a lot of people just don't care if they spread a virus.

Hasn't worked for a bunch of folks during that time and I doubt it'll work now.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm coughing and sneezing a lot I'm not getting out in the first place . . .

Not everyone is wearing disposable masks though . . .

That's what curb-side pickup or drive through is for . . .

Only if it's uncovered . . .

Hasn't worked for a bunch of folks during that time and I doubt it'll work now.
And that's what people should do but some don't.
Cloth mask is easy to make but it would be hard to trash a N95 every hour and you can hardly get them.
I have used both but you can't impulse buy ordering online.
Yes, that's the point of wearing a mask.
And your right it won't work now.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, not everyone is required to have a suppressor to use a firearm, such as they want everyone that wants to walk down the street to have a mask on. Suppressors are regulated federally by folks that the masses voted on, a little different than some left jackwagon that was voted into mayoral office in a town that I don't even live in, but must do most of my business in, just because he/she thinks they know what's in the best interest for my health, which is up to me. If a business wants to require masks to enter, that is their right, I can choose to do business there and wear a mask or go somewhere else, that is my right. I don't live in the city limits, therefore I don't vote for any mayors, and I can be certain zero county commissioners have ever even thought of suggesting county wide mask mandates, probably because they don't have the authority to, just like a mayor or city counsel doesn't.

Yes I do think the paperwork Class 3 BS that goes along with suppressors is just that also, BS and also an over reach, but suppressors aren't covered in any of my personal rights mentioned in the Constitution.

Just curious, where in the constitution does it say anything about personal rights concerning a mask? I keep hearing it from people, but nobody has a lock on the spin.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Just curious, where in the constitution does it say anything about personal rights concerning a mask? I keep hearing it from people, but nobody has a lock on the spin.

Thats right it doesn't, just like suppressors, we're not guaranteed the use of them, and we're also not required to use them. If they want to regulate us to wear masks, legislation needs to be passed just like they did for suppressors.......not a madate on whim at the hands of mayor, city counsel or even a governor. That's what Dem states have done with mag capacity and things like that. Even state law would be more appealing, at least everyone in the state could either vote on it or let their legislators know how their constituents are feeling.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats right it doesn't, just like suppressors, we're not guaranteed the use of them, and we're also not required to use them. If they want to regulate us to wear masks, legislation needs to be passed just like they did for suppressors.......not a madate on whim at the hands of mayor, city counsel or even a governor. That's what Dem states have done with mag capacity and things like that. Even state law would be more appealing, at least everyone in the state could either vote on it or let their legislators know how their constituents are feeling.

Now that's a reply. Well done sir. Though a vote is a slippery slope too. If we can democratically vote on something as trivial as masks, we can publically vote on gun control. Perhaps we'll pick that up in the OKC mask mandate thread when it comes. I concede you this debate.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Now that's a reply. Well done sir. Though a vote is a slippery slope too. If we can democratically vote on something as trivial as masks, we can publically vote on gun control. Perhaps we'll pick that up in the OKC mask mandate thread when it comes. I concede you this debate.

No need to concede anything, just different view points being debated. I don't want for every little thing in life to be voted on by the people but when it affects where and can and can't go, it's a big one imo.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need to concede anything, just different view points being debated.

Well, when someone makes that much sense, even I can't find an angle to argue lol. I now understand the pushback to mandated masks.

Edit: The plot thickens...

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/po...ools-wont-reopen-unless-oklahomans-wear-masks

What will Stitt do when his public school administrator says school won't resume unless covid reduces, mixes in masks, and Trump threatens to withhold federal funding? Republican vs republican vs republican...

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, when someone makes that much sense, even I can't find an angle to argue lol. I now understand the pushback to mandated masks.

Edit: The plot thickens...

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/po...ools-wont-reopen-unless-oklahomans-wear-masks

What will Stitt do when his public school administrator says school won't resume unless covid reduces, mixes in masks, and Trump threatens to withhold federal funding? Republican vs republican vs republican...

This fall is going to be nuts . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom