Oh Norman............PD Alert........The Left is Gaining Ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure I read an article that said the funding that was cut would have provided for new officers only so it shouldn't affect day to day operations. I may be wrong though.

Not quite. They had openings for 9 Officers that will now go unfilled. Closing job openings is a pretty standard way of trying to not have to RIF folks. +5 additional officers leaving thus far, leaves them 14 short of what they thought was needed. Expect more to leave, as the remaining officers will have to pick up the slack, they'll look for greener pastures as well.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They tried to cut $4.5 million from the Norman PD budget. The majority only had the balls to go close to a million tho. Time will change this and not for the good, they'll get the people elected that will go for it all and get it eventually.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Police who leave show they weren’t in it for actually help. If money gets you to abandon your home/neighborhood then you’re not committed. Officers need to quit being protected by their union and have consequences for their actions. If they can’t handle being a cop then maybe they should stay away from retail and food service too.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Police who leave show they weren’t in it for actually help. If money gets you to abandon your home/neighborhood then you’re not committed. Officers need to quit being protected by their union and have consequences for their actions. If they can’t handle being a cop then maybe they should stay away from retail and food service too.

Is that the same for any other profession? Why should LEOs not want to go to better places for pay or working conditions? Better leadership that supports them? Your statement doesn't make any sense to me.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a recall petition for half the city council and the mayor right now. In other news, 417% increase in NYPD's retirement apps since June 29th. NYPD has put a freeze on retirements because its so bad. Something like 130 Officers in just over a week.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bovine manure is coming to a town near you. Canada is looking better and better.

Norman at least here in Oklahoma is the initial path of least resistance. It’s merely a base from which to spread this crap from once the leftist gain a foothold.

It goes both ways. No commitment/investment from the community and you’ll get the same policing in response. You can only do so much fighting against the tide before you ask yourself what’s the point.

The unions in this area help the good cops far more than the bad. It’s only the bad that makes the headlines.

What doesn’t make the headlines is the protection afforded the good officers from political games by admin and those in the community who have no accountability for their actions and will file false complaints for any and everything they can come up with for the consequences of their poor life choices.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NYPD's retirement apps since June 29th. NYPD has put a freeze on retirements because its so bad. Something like 130 Officers in just over a week.

HOW can they freeze retirements? If I’ve got my 20 plus years in or disabled in the line of duty, how are they going to stop me? I think the PD or the media is trying to use fear to get attention. Possibly for more money.

130 officers in a week x 52 weeks= 6760 per year in a department with 35 thousand plus officers. There may be some increase, but I think they also have back to back academies to cover their losses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom