Oh Norman............PD Alert........The Left is Gaining Ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Police who leave show they weren’t in it for actually help. If money gets you to abandon your home/neighborhood then you’re not committed. Officers need to quit being protected by their union and have consequences for their actions. If they can’t handle being a cop then maybe they should stay away from retail and food service too.
Bullshiet!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was driving through Seminole today by the police station and they had a black humvy sitting there. What the whiz do they need that for? I don’t get it. Those things are pretty dang expensive too. I’m sure they could have spent that money on much better stuff.

Those heavy vehicles come in real handy in the flash floods, wildfires, tornado aftermath, and the rare winter storm. Most of them are surplus that are pretty much given to departments as opposed to letting them sit and rust in some govt surplus lot.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As if there weren't other reasons not to got to Norman, here's another. Hope that PD defunding works out for them.

https://kfor.com/news/local/its-ver...wa7LmgfEqYpNe2GvT7KtT7FakutUkuiwCtKorlBhjaf4I

Moore PD offered positions to any of the NPD officers who might lose their jobs. It’s not just the reduction due to the cuts, but Councilwoman Alex Scott is trying to claim that officers released her personal address and that her neighbor in the attached townhouse was raped by an intruder as a result. Frankly, I doubt her story. She has a personal vendetta against the department. If I was a Norman cop and had a job offer in Moore, I’d jump on it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was driving through Seminole today by the police station and they had a black humvy sitting there. What the whiz do they need that for? I don’t get it. Those things are pretty dang expensive too. I’m sure they could have spent that money on much better stuff.
I dunno. But I like the fact Colby Kansas had an armored personnel carrier to pick up stranded motorists on I 70 one winter.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those heavy vehicles come in real handy in the flash floods, wildfires, tornado aftermath, and the rare winter storm. Most of them are surplus that are pretty much given to departments as opposed to letting them sit and rust in some govt surplus lot.
Yes, and the humvee is the replacement for the Jeep. Nobody gritched about getting surplus Jeeps.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cutting nearly a million dollars sounds like a lot, but without knowing the operating budget, it's hard to tell how deep it cut. Anybody know?
I was at the council meeting where they voted to defund. Councilwoman Scott, who hates the NPD, proposed a cut of $4.5 million. That would have cost 64 cops their jobs, roughly half the force. The meeting went until 4:00 a.m. and they whittled it down to $865,000. That translated to nine positions. The chief said a few days later that they could reach that target without losses of personnel by not filling nine vacant positions. The cops are leaving now because of the hostility of the city council.

By the way, Unite Norman is organizing a recall drive to recall the mayor and half the city council.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an aside.

https://www.normantranscript.com/ne...cle_b4c2624e-b374-11ea-876b-279c3d194b3f.html

UPDATED: Norman councilor, Alex Scott ex-candidate arrested, released in Tulsa
A Norman City Council member and former Oklahoma Corporation Commission candidate were arrested before President Trump's rally on Tulsa and later released.

Ward 8 Norman City Councilwoman Alexandra Scott was arrested Saturday night in Tulsa County, jail records show.

Scott, of Norman, was arrested on a complaint for obstructing and interfering with an officer at 5:45 p.m. and her bond was set at $500. She was released at 11:22 p.m. Saturday, records show.

"I stand in solidarity with the movement in the defense of black lives and uplift the demands to defund the police, stop killing black people and invest in black communities," Scott said Sunday night.

Scott also is a Democratic state Senate candidate for District 15.

tee hee hee.....

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moore PD offered positions to any of the NPD officers who might lose their jobs. It’s not just the reduction due to the cuts, but Councilwoman Alex Scott is trying to claim that officers released her personal address and that her neighbor in the attached townhouse was raped by an intruder as a result. Frankly, I doubt her story. She has a personal vendetta against the department. If I was a Norman cop and had a job offer in Moore, I’d jump on it.
Cop friend of mine told me that Yukon has also done the same thing - offering positions to NPD officers, although I don't think they can take on as many as Moore.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let this show those that think Oklahoma can never then blue that it indeed can happen. I guarantee the whole US will be blue within 10 years. Voting won’t stop it. The government is too corrupt. And that includes state and local governments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom