OH! This one got me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steve, im not busting your chops, however, i read your 911 link, even read the bibliography/citations.

Its loaded, not with facts but with misinformation. It appears like a good high school paper.

I wont be critical but heres an example; the mayor was warned about the attack a day befor. Okay fair enough, he got an un-named uncited warning. Then in same citation he was quoted as saying , at 8am he watched on tv as the world trade center was being attacked. He was in California!!!

He could not have watched the attack at 8am. We was attacked around 845 eastern time.

Maybe the author goofed. Anyway the link you provided is full of errors.

stevie_d

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve, im not busting your chops, however, i read your 911 link, even read the bibliography/citations.

Its loaded, not with facts but with misinformation. It appears like a good high school paper.

I wont be critical but heres an example; the mayor was warned about the attack a day befor. Okay fair enough, he got an un-named uncited warning. Then in same citation he was quoted as saying , at 8am he watched on tv as the world trade center was being attacked. He was in California!!!

He could not have watched the attack at 8am. We was attacked around 845 eastern time.

Maybe the author goofed. Anyway the link you provided is full of errors.

Of all the things that don't add up... number one for me is how countless scientists, including Underwriters Labs, so that under no circumstances could a jet fuel fire melt the steel columns... and again, many many engineers and architects who believe there is no explanation for the collapse other than controlled demolition.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Of all the things that don't add up... number one for me is how countless scientists, including Underwriters Labs, so that under no circumstances could a jet fuel fire melt the steel columns... and again, many many engineers and architects who believe there is no explanation for the collapse other than controlled demolition.

The following passage is from Appendix A of FEMA's World Trade Center Building Performance Study.

In the mid-1990s British Steel and the Building Research Establishment performed a series of six experiments at Cardington to investigate the behavior of steel frame buildings. These experiments were conducted in a simulated, eight-story building. Secondary steel beams were not protected. Despite the temperature of the steel beams reaching 800-900° C (1,500-1,700° F) in three of the tests (well above the traditionally assumed critical temperature of 600° C (1,100° F), no collapse was observed in any of the six experiments).

I copied this from your link. I read appendix A of FEMAs WTC building performance study also from your link.

This passage is not in the study or at least its not in appendix A. I dont know where its from.

I dunno why but stuff like this bothers me, it sounds good, it looks good but its not correct. I geuss theres a market for it tho.

Have a good day.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice little history summary, absent WW1, and the spread of communism over Europe following the British and American involvement. (that war kept going, in spite of, and because of Versailles).

Latest posts

Top Bottom