Oh yeah, I heard it again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate Glocks..I only own six.
I do not recall a malfunction in my G36. Possibly 10k rounds over two, three years IDPA.
I have a G17 that was used by the guy I got it from to make Master, and compete for ten years of IDPA...estimate is over 100k rounds. It has only SSP mods to the trigger. The recoil spring was broke in two yet still ran fine. I had no failures in several years of IDPA. Original barrel, the bore and chamber are about a thousandth oversize. I created my own boolit/load for it.
They work.

Joe

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the gun and the time, 500-1000 rounds in a day, happens.
A Cowboy shoot can be 600 rounds, but that is spread between 3 guns or more. Then, a gun not shot for a month or 6.

Been on dove hunts where 500 rounds or more was easy to do.

Many times, never a problem. But, they do happen. Large majority of those problems were dirt or fouling.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Neither of my 20yo Hi-point 40s&w have ever failed lol, hundreds of rounds. Are they my daily carry? No, I carry a G27, that has failed once :)

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Early 70's Camp HM Smith base combat pistol team. Personally owned Smith and Wesson Model 19. GI 38 Spl ball. 50 rounds a day for 2 years, 5 days a week. Plus 50 rounds or less in match once a month. Dry fire 1 hour a day, every day. Later after I got out of service I carried that gun as duty gun for good part of 16 years. Frequent qualification and practice numbers unknown. Since then the gun rests in my desk drawer and is infrequently fired-it's retired like me. Gun malfunctions for this gun.-the occasional failure to eject as a case got stuck under extractor star. No other failures or malfunctions. All this shooting double action. The gun has been fired a few times single action, but very few.

My Glocks were shot a lot without malfunctions, except my M21, 45 ACP. I got one of those when they first came out early 90's. I tried to qualify with it and with it would constantly fail to feed. I sent it back to Glock and they offered me a refund or new gun. I was no longer allowed to carry personal gun so I took a refund.

I have had a number of different Glocks since, no problems until I got a Glock M44. Failure feed all the time.

Colt 1911, ammo finicky target and mid range ammo extraction problems all the time. Service ball flawless. Super-Vel, blown cases and hard recoil.

I had S&W 39 for about a month before I got rid of it. Failure to feed, failure to extract all the time. Suspect shooter error trying to transition from DA revolver.

Smith & Wesson 4053, DAO. At first a good reliable pistol, very accurate. Fired 50 rounds a month through it practice with full service ammo. After about a year it started acting up and would not pull all the way through and fire. Sent back to S&W for N/C repairs. Never trusted the gun after that. Sold it to a rancher friend 20 years ago who still has it and has never had a problem with it. Nice looking gun.

The 50 year old S&W M-19, the 30 year old Glock 19 and the 25 year old Glock 23 are on guard duty around the house because they are proven dependable.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Stevens single shot 22 that my Dad bought for my older brother when he was about 6 or 7. Then passed on to me then little brother & sister. It was used when Dad got it in mid '50s and I bet we put at least 30,000 through it. Never had a problem. I still have it sitting in the safe

Latest posts

Top Bottom