Ohio: Governor Kasich Vetoes Self-Defense Legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:patriot::patriot::clap3::thumbup3::patriot::patriot:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...rnor-kasichs-veto-of-self-defense-legislation
Ohio: Legislature Overrides Governor Kasich’s Veto of Self-Defense Legislation
Thursday, December 27, 2018

Today, the Ohio House of Representatives and Senate voted 67-22 and 21-11, respectively, to override Governor John Kasich’s veto of self-defense legislation, Sub. House Bill 228. Substitute House Bill 228 will now be enacted into law.

Some of the important provisions in Sub. House Bill 228 are:

*Placing the burden of disproving a self-defense claim on the prosecution, similar to how it is in every other state in the country

*Critical expansion of preemption to ensure that localities do not create a patchwork of gun laws throughout Ohio

*Language updates to mirror federal law that affects certain types of firearms, such as the Mossberg Shockwave

*Clarifies Ohio’s signage law in regards to concealed carry. These important changes simplify what has become a complicated portion of Ohio law

Thank you to NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters who continued to contact their lawmakers in support of this important legislation. Also, special thanks to those legislators who voted in favor of Sub. HB 228 and again to override the Governor’s veto.

© 2018 National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. This may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030 1-800-392-8683(VOTE)​

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born, but not raised. Raised in Oklahoma, a few years in Maryland, back to Ohio for several, then moved down here in 1999 at 18.

And I believe it's spelled "damnyankee."
I jest, as its an old story that a person coming to the south is on vacation. If they come to the south with their carpet bag, they are a damned yankee here to stay!
LOL.
Just a little humor.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought to myself, yeah I know Dave is a lawyer but there is sumpin else that just ain't quite right bout him. Now I know and can sleep.
T'weren't my fault I was born up there! It's not like a had a choice; besides, I got here as quickly as I could. Twice!
I jest, as its an old story that a person coming to the south is on vacation. If they come to the south with their carpet bag, they are a damned yankee here to stay!
LOL.
Just a little humor.
Oh, I came to stay. But I packed in a duffel bag, not a carpet bag; give me a little credit, eh? :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom