Oil Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Under demoncrat rule.

Not because of capitalism, but because a democrat is choking off supply.

This isn't good for the user or the oil field worker because Biden is cutting off the supply that Trump pushed wide open. Biden has killed thousands of oil worker jobs by shutting down pipelines. Where are the thousands of "green" jobs he promised? Nowhere in America anyway. Same rhetoric as obama's shovel ready jobs - non-existent.

upload_2021-2-22_13-16-51.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under demoncrat rule.

Not because of capitalism, but because a democrat is choking off supply.

This isn't good for the user or the oil field worker because Biden is cutting off the supply that Trump pushed wide open. Biden has killed thousands of oil worker jobs by shutting down pipelines. Where are the thousands of "green" jobs he promised? Nowhere in America anyway. Same rhetoric as obama's shovel ready jobs - non-existent.

View attachment 194601

Those 'green jobs' in the green energy industry are going to take years to develop - if they develop, and my guess is that will only be with massive subsidies, tax breaks and mandates.

<edit> I know you know this, @SlugSlinger. You're more plugged into this stuff than just about any of us on the board, I'm sure. I'm just venting.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘green’ buddy that is actually in oil field parts. He says the solar and wind companies are hiring oil patch guys that lost their jobs already. In big numbers too

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Been like this for years. Sad part is, we all witnessed what Trump kept saying for years. What are you going to do when the sun doesn’t shine and the wind isn’t blowing.

Texas found out first hand last week. Turbines froze up and the sun stayed behind the clouds, and the entire state shut down

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘green’ buddy that is actually in oil field parts. He says the solar and wind companies are hiring oil patch guys that lost their jobs already. In big numbers too

That's interesting information. I wasn't aware of this. Would be good to see some real numbers reported regionally and nationally on this.

Of course, the cost of wind energy is pretty high, not quite so budget friendly without subsidies. Anyone have info on new subsidies or programs the fed .gov is rolling out?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to see additional information on this as well. A big oil transportation company in Tulsa let a bunch of office folks go at the end of 2020. I haven’t heard any of them finding work yet.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a text in to see which company it is. I’ll get some contact info if possible.
I’d like to see additional information on this as well. A big oil transportation company in Tulsa let a bunch of office folks go at the end of 2020. I haven’t heard any of them finding work yet.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read a couple of analyst reports that say we will see $80 to $100 oil by the end of the year. The trend is in place and if COVID does die out in summer as some have said it looks quite possible.

What will the independent producers do? I'd bet they start drilling again but it will be subdued compared to times past. They are using cash flow to drill now instead of debt. Time will tell if that holds, but either way, filling up our tank is getting more expensive.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

doug1949

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Utility costs in Europe have gone through the roof due to their "green energy" policies. Electric cars and trucks? Reduced range, long recharge times, reduced range in the winter, expensive battery replacement costs....no thanks. They can stick their electrics when the sun don't shine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom