OK county sheriff special election

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Whetsel is retiring (finally) and I wanted your thoughts on the people running to replace him this April. I dont know much about the candidates other than OK2A ran a story on Mike Christian painting him as no friend of the 2nd amendment. Here are the candidates...
The three Republicans are Undersheriff P.D. Taylor, former state Rep. Mike Christian and former sheriff's supervisor Darrell Sorrels.

The Democrat is Virgil Green, a former police chief in Boley and later in Spencer.

The independent is Ed Grimes, a former Oklahoma City police officer and former Canadian County undersheriff.

What say ye, OSA?

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
John Whetsel is fleeing one step ahead of the investigation. He should have stepped down prior to the election, but did this intentionally to keep his Republican challenger from an easy victory. Crooked scumbag

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew Brett when he was a young Deputy when J.D. Sharp was Sheriff. He always gave me the impression of being proactive and not reactive in law enforcement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom