OK guys ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He had so many options, and a solid support system. Sometimes when you're set on something, you're just set on it.

Many years back;
I had a good friend that ended his life, just before midnight.

We had worked that day. He seemed happy, normal, nothing different from all other days.

We found out later.
He got off work, went to his parents. Mom has made this favorite dinner.
He left around 10:00.

Cops seen this truck, on park, about 2am
He was in the truck, had shot himself. Left a note.

"At Jim's 16th birthday party; Jim, Joe, Rick and I signed a pact that we would not see our 30th birthday.

We found out later, Jim had cancer and died at 17.
Joe was coming home from college and was killed in a car wreck. He was 21.
Rick worked in industrial construction. A cable snapped and he was hit. He was 26.

I am they only one left. It will be my 30th birthday in 10 minutes. It isn't fair that I am they only one. Promise kept. "

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many years back;
I had a good friend that ended his life, just before midnight.

We had worked that day. He seemed happy, normal, nothing different from all other days.

We found out later.
He got off work, went to his parents. Mom has made this favorite dinner.
He left around 10:00.

Cops seen this truck, on park, about 2am
He was in the truck, had shot himself. Left a note.

"At Jim's 16th birthday party; Jim, Joe, Rick and I signed a pact that we would not see our 30th birthday.

We found out later, Jim had cancer and died at 17.
Joe was coming home from college and was killed in a car wreck. He was 21.
Rick worked in industrial construction. A cable snapped and he was hit. He was 26.

I am they only one left. It will be my 30th birthday in 10 minutes. It isn't fair that I am they only one. Promise kept. "
You hang in there. You're gonna live to a ripe, old age.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think meds can cause some uncharacteristic behavior and also depression. I went off in a direction many years ago that was not normal for me, depressed, and thoughts of ending my "suffering". Fortunately realized it before the thoughts became action, stopped the meds.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know all you guys are tough, independent fellas who never need to talk about your feelings ... BUT ...

Today I learned that a man I (and many other people on the planet -- actually, as far as I know every one who knew him felt like he was unshakeable) I respected and looked up to took his own life.

I'm not hear to debate the right or wrong of it all; only to say that if any of you yahoos EVER feel the need to just end it all PLEASE at least give me -- or someone -- a call. Talk to someone. Don't leave those who love you searching for answers to questions no one should have.

Take care fellas. And give those you love an extra hug tonight. Because you never know what burdens someone else carries.

And if any of you EVER needs someone to talk to, this is a standing offer to listen. Without judgment. Just listen and see what we can figure out together.
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately there are a million reasons to live but it only takes one to end it. It also works the other way, a million reasons to die, only takes one reason to live. Sometimes those inner demons are just strong, and sometimes it's in the moment type of things and they just can't see past the darkness. I moved here to Oklahoma to be with my uncle because his oldest son, 16 years old, took his own life in 2020 during covid, and nobody knows why. It's tough, been through it many times and the questions...

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suicide is something that hits very close to home for me. In June 2018, my mother took her own life. But she didn't do it quickly, no instead she suffered and made us all watch.

Dad was losing a 3 year battle with cancer. She knew the end was near for him, and she couldn't imagine life without him. Strangely enough, around the first part of June, after Hospice was called in for dad, my mother contracted a nasty urinary tract infection. Instead of going to the dr. to get it treated, she had a DNR in place without any of us knowing about it.

Well, as you can guess, the UTI turned septic and started poisoning her body. She also refused to eat or even speak to any of us. We all literally watched her suffer and die a selfish death right before our eyes. Tragically, dad followed exactly 10 days later.

They truly had the story book marriage. She was raised by her verbally and physically abusive grandmother and he was fresh out of the navy. He rescued her from the horrific environment she was living in, and made her his wife at the tender age of only 17 (he was 25). They spent 58 incredible years together, teaching me and my two brothers how to be successful men.

I miss them both every single day, but I'm still pissed at my mother for her selfish act. I have forgiven her, because my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ says I have to, but I'm still angry. Hopefully someday I can get over it.
Sorry for your loss. Only time can heal you. Ultimately your mother made her decision and you will just have to get over it. My mother always tells me, just wait until you get my age and you will understand. When you get there, hopefully you will understand why your mother did that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom