OK guys ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with the deceased's wife. She's always been a good, Christian woman, always stepping up to help others in need. Always positive, outgoing and full of hope. The impact and shock his death is having on her and their son has no words to describe it. It's heart-breaking to watch them go through this. I only say this to remind people that no matter how much of a "solution" you think taking your own life might be, it only ADDS devastation in the family and friends you leave behind. Death can hit any of us hard but there's something about suicide that is particularly destructive to the survivors.

I appreciate you posting this thread.
I know all you guys are tough, independent fellas who never need to talk about your feelings ... BUT ...

Today I learned that a man I (and many other people on the planet -- actually, as far as I know every one who knew him felt like he was unshakeable) I respected and looked up to took his own life.

I'm not hear to debate the right or wrong of it all; only to say that if any of you yahoos EVER feel the need to just end it all PLEASE at least give me -- or someone -- a call. Talk to someone. Don't leave those who love you searching for answers to questions no one should have.

Take care fellas. And give those you love an extra hug tonight. Because you never know what burdens someone else carries.

And if any of you EVER needs someone to talk to, this is a standing offer to listen. Without judgment. Just listen and see what we can figure out together.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Only time can heal you. Ultimately your mother made her decision and you will just have to get over it. My mother always tells me, just wait until you get my age and you will understand. When you get there, hopefully you will understand why your mother did that.
Oh, I completely understand why she did what she did, I just have a hard time accepting it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly my son really struggles with depression and other things. He has mentioned killing himself many times. I worry everyday if today will be the last day I ever see him. It is the worst feeling in the world. He sees a psychiatrist but he is still struggling. I try and talk to him but most of the time he doesn’t want to talk to me. Occasionally he will. I just pray to God every day that my son never does it. As much as I struggle with depression, I don’t think I could deal with it. I am sorry to all y’all that have had to deal with these feelings or deal with knowing someone that took their life. I’ve heard the saying that suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

My niece sent me a post from social media the other day where a 12 year old boy hung himself because he was being bullied in school. The parents tried to resuscitate him but failed. They had pictures of the boy and his family in the hospital. He was dead on the bed while his family wept on him. I just cannot imagine the pain.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with the deceased's wife. She's always been a good, Christian woman, always stepping up to help others in need. Always positive, outgoing and full of hope. The impact and shock his death is having on her and their son has no words to describe it. It's heart-breaking to watch them go through this. I only say this to remind people that no matter how much of a "solution" you think taking your own life might be, it only ADDS devastation in the family and friends you leave behind. Death can hit any of us hard but there's something about suicide that is particularly destructive to the survivors.

I appreciate you posting this thread.

I cannot imagine. My heart breaks for them because I saw the 2 of them together when they both worked at the Capitol and it was obvious she was hia world and vice versa. And their child -- he could do no wrong as far as his dad was concerned. And he was one of those dads who couldn't spend enough time with his kid. One of the things he talked about when he retired was getting to spend more time with his family.

All I know for sure is that when I was around him he was ALWAYS proud of her and their son. The guys at work are all, to the man, including Grumpy, shaken to the core. Of all the people who worked at the Capitol who any of us thought might do something like this, his name was NOWHERE on anyone's radar. He, like his wife, was always ready to help anyone who needed it and he was not someone who was a social churchgoer. He walked the walk better than most preachers I have known.

I am NOT looking forward to Sunday but I will be there, if for no other reason than to show his family he was important and they are to. It is the least I can do.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot imagine. My heart breaks for them because I saw the 2 of them together when they both worked at the Capitol and it was obvious she was hia world and vice versa. And their child -- he could do no wrong as far as his dad was concerned. And he was one of those dads who couldn't spend enough time with his kid. One of the things he talked about when he retired was getting to spend more time with his family.

All I know for sure is that when I was around him he was ALWAYS proud of her and their son. The guys at work are all, to the man, including Grumpy, shaken to the core. Of all the people who worked at the Capitol who any of us thought might do something like this, his name was NOWHERE on anyone's radar. He, like his wife, was always ready to help anyone who needed it and he was not someone who was a social churchgoer. He walked the walk better than most preachers I have known.

I am NOT looking forward to Sunday but I will be there, if for no other reason than to show his family he was important and they are to. It is the least I can do.
Love you Patticakes. You're such a good person. :bighug:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Note of caution to those that are or around those that are clinically depressed… Anti depresents work, as such, there is a period of time when you start to become functional again, but before you get closer to normal, where the risk of suicide goes up. It’s the weird reason anti depressants increase suicide risk, they work.

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right, and I have forgiven her, for the most part. It's just tough losing both your parents at basically the same time. Especially when it didn't have to happen thataway. I know her pain. Mrs. GED is my everything. I absolutely do not know where I would be without her. Prison, more than likely.
I feel you. My Best Friend and brother in all but blood killed himself in 2019. I had spoken to him just hours before and we had made plans for a few days a head and again for two weeks latter. I knew he was in a bad place so I had read up on what you are supposed to do. YOu know keep in contact, make future plans, all of it, and it wasn't enough. He was a sufficient part of our lives that my children called him Uncle and his passing devastated our entire family. I understand the pain, the anger, and feelings of failure associated with this kind of thing. I am sorry for your loss. Unfortunately Time doesn't make the pain go away it just moves it to the back of your mind where you no longer have to focus on it all the time, but the wrong stimulation seems to bring it all back again. Suicide is probably the most selfish thing one can do as it almost always leaves far more people than you know to deal with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom