OK has the 4th worst drivers in the nation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4th worst? I'd almost guess higher, especially around the metros. Okie drivers have weird traits, too - my favorite is the "you pulled out in front of me, so I have to teach you a lesson" syndrome, which I've never seen anywhere else. No matter how far away they are, and no matter how fast you go once you pull out, they have to speed up to tailgate you to show you what an azzhole you are for pulling in front of them.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were in Lima, Peru. I think they have 7 stop lights and twice as many stop signs. Every car was a toyota corolla. Had to go down to Dallas this weekend. Multiple times traffic inch wormed up and 4 or 5 cars would have to go to the median to avoid a pile up. Ridiculous. Phoenix AZ had signs up saying yield to every driver every time. Smoothest driving experience ever.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at the Tulsa drivers that want to slow down and brake for green traffic lights... :pissed:
Braking for Green Lights is an Oklahoma driving phenomenon that almost caused me to wreck more than I can count. I had never ever encountered it before I moved here. Having put myself through college driving Yellow Cabs / Taxis in & around NYC ( way back ) , our rules-of-the-road were simple regarding lights.
🔴 Red means Stop
🟢 Green means Go Fast
🟡 Yellow means Step on the Gas, it’s gonna change & make me have to stop
Additionally, Back East, NYC-Jersey area, drivers talked & communicated fluently with our car horns to each other. Depending on how you tapped, or layed on your horn, or what rhythm employed, you could give a friendly “howdy” to another driver to the other end of the spectrum and tell ‘em where they should go eternally . Car horns were indispensable keeping us organized on the road.
So when I got to OK in the mid 80’s , I was considered extremely rude & offensive & aggressive as a driver. Ha, probably still am.
Memorial Day, God Bless our Service Members, past & present 🇺🇸

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4th worst? I'd almost guess higher, especially around the metros. Okie drivers have weird traits, too - my favorite is the "you pulled out in front of me, so I have to teach you a lesson" syndrome, which I've never seen anywhere else. No matter how far away they are, and no matter how fast you go once you pull out, they have to speed up to tailgate you to show you what an azzhole you are for pulling in front of them.
How do you expect people to improve without a little training? Otherwise, the offending party might not even know they wronged you. Its really public service work.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminds me of an old joke...

A man gets into a cab in NYC and tells the driver his destination. The cabbie takes off, and at the first intersection the light is red. but the cabbie just blows right through it.

"Whoa, man!" the passenger exclaims, "that was a red light, and you blew right through it!"

"That's OK," he replies, "my brother does it all the time."

The next intersection also has a red light, and the cabbie once again goes sailing right on through. This prompts a repeat of the last exchange, again ending with, "my brother does it all the time."

At the next intersection, the light is green, but the cabbie comes to a complete stop.

"What the heck, man!" cries the passenger, "you blow through red lights, yet you stop on a green!?!?"

The cabbie shrugs. "My brother might be coming."

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worst place I have been was Shanghai. 5 lane road but 7 cars wide. Yep. Driving on the shoulder on both sides is a thing. My cab driver was an absolute lunatic. I was sure I was going to die. Worst place I have seen in the US is DC. The cab drivers must have a pact to try and kill everyone who has a out of state license plate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom