OK I confess, Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked 5 different items in 5 different categories between my Prime account and my GF's non-Prime account. Pricing was exactly the same.

Keep in mind there could be multiple vendors offering the same item. Perhaps you're looking at pricing from different vendors for the same item.

I have no problem buying locally when the item I want is available. I also have no problem avoiding huge crowds, lousy service and higher prices to shop for an item on Amazon. Or Walmart.com or any number of other websites.

And, for the life of me, I don't know where you guys that complain about return difficulties with Amazon are coming from. That certainly hasn't been my experience. Oftentimes if it's a product sold by Amazon they don't even ask for it back. A few years ago I shopped for a Sealy mattress. Found the best price I could locally...around $1189. Amazon had it for $899. I got it and it developed a problem after just a few days. I used the "Have Amazon call you" feature and someone called me within a minute and had my refund started instantly. And, they didn't have anyone available to come to my home to pack the mattress so they told me dispose of it how I saw fit.

Yes, there's a return window with Amazon. But that doesn't necessarily coincide with the manufacturer's warranty time frame. That's usually an option if you have a problem with something.

If there's one thing I hate it's lousy customer service. I don't care what business it's from. If their service is lousy, I won't use them. I almost always at least "try" to buy American. It's not possible all the time. Sometimes I can't find an American made item locally but I can find the product I need that's American made on Amazon. Sometimes it works the other way.

And lots of small business owners are using Amazon to sell their products. Yes, Amazon takes a cut. But that business owner is also getting exposure he/she might not get otherwise.

I don't like a lot of things about Amazon. But I don't like a lot of things locally, either. So I compromise. Sometimes I just do without. It's how life works.
Interesting, ours always different from the same vendor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom