OK I confess, Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
What American made device did you post that from?
The same one you ask the question on, I suspect! We are all guilty, and stupid, for making our communist nation that likely has plans to distroy everything we stand for, if they can, rich and powerful, don't you think? If ypu don' think communist China has expansion plans just watch what happens to Tiawan in the very near future! Then watch what the PUPPET regime in Washington DC does about it! I suspect Communist China was involved in installing Joe, and Ho, and rigging our election to accomplish that very thing! Time will tell! Good luck to us!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s where mine has been going for years. Relatively speaking, they made out like a bandit earlier this year when I was regularly hitting the $15K limit on my company credit card. It was an expensive spring…

And it’s
Oklahoma Youth Hunting And Shooting Program Inc.
:clap3: Thank you!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a local store in Oologah that has great steaks at $13.99 a pound, Walmart 19.99 a pound for ribeye, quality is like when Apple has a meat sale sale for $8.99. You want to sit at home okay. I tend to buy local when I can.

This is good beef, as good as Perry meats at a whole lot less due to a little store vs big box.

Most big name restaurants I go to is out of convenience not that they’re better.

Hamburger 2.49 , Walmart lame meat $4.99. I grill out weekly. 80/20 $2.99 this week, not bad.

Like everything else you buy out of season or when something hot, and it cost if you miss the close out prices. A business doesn’t stock winter items in summer, they try to get rid of them…. Amazon, Walmart, and EBay do this though global vendors/stores well.

just my opinion, out.

View attachment 231370

I won't really compromise when it comes to eating out, aside from Chipotle or Chic Fila. I eat local 95% of the time. I've bought my beef locally for the last 2 years and don't expect to deviate. I dunno why we are supposed to get excited about a frozen filet but ok?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether one buys off of Amazon, Walmart, target or a jillion other stores, it all goes to China and strengthening their economy and military. Our politicians have made money off of the deals with China and other countries and we have become a weaker nation and have lost jobs.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether one buys off of Amazon, Walmart, target or a jillion other stores, it all goes to China and strengthening their economy and military. Our politicians have made money off of the deals with China and other countries and we have become a weaker nation and have lost jobs.
In the words of Tennessee Ernie Ford:

"I owe my soul to the company store..."

:drunk2:
___

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other sites don’t require me to pay $119 dollars a year to get free shipping (last I checked). And I really don’t watch movies, seems the one’s I like are never free. Just don’t order enough anymore to make that worth my while, I’m sure many do.
My wife has a Prime account so she "doesn't pay shipping". I have a regular Amazon account and pay shipping....when I log in to her account everything costs more than it does when I log in to my account. Always $5-6 more for any normal item.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a Prime account so she "doesn't pay shipping". I have a regular Amazon account and pay shipping....when I log in to her account everything costs more than it does when I log in to my account. Always $5-6 more for any normal item.
Good to know. I rarely pay shipping anyway. $25 isn't that much, and often I'll stick things in my cart until I get to the free shipping amount.
:drunk2:
___

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Web search is your friend lol? That doesn't even make sense in this conversation with regards to what I said. eBay is fine for some, but it's just not nearly as efficient and doesn't have near the selection. You also have more shady sellers IMO. Amazon has them too, but they will refund things in a hurry from my experiences.

All this being said we still try to buy locally as a first measure, but sometimes it just doesn't make sense. Considering capitalism/free market and all, the mom and pop stores need to up their game to compete.
Mom and Pop can't compete with the massive discounts given to the big box stores.
We try to buy local, but in a small town there isn't much competition even though we might get it cheaper online. Support your community.
As far as Amazon to the OP, we buy from them some. 2 day gratification is nice for something that is needed quickly.
Most of the stuff we buy from Amazon is tax free and free shipping as we only buy items related to farm support. You do have to submit your Ok Farm Tax permit number to qualify and be approved..

Latest posts

Top Bottom