ok i need a belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ON duty nylon - Wilderness 1.75" with C.S.M. insert.

OFF duty - Looper Leather Kydex belt.

Contact Bart or Lisa Looper at 1-800-299-LOOP (5667) or sned a PM to him right here at OSA. His screen name is Holster Maker.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looper's or The Beltman. Both are plenty stiff, but I definitely prefer my horsehide Beltman belt. The finish is holding up much better than the Looper's. Costs twice as much though and you can't get more belt for the money than Looper's.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several quality gun belts but my favorite of the bunch is definitely my Milt Sparks belt.
I don't remember whether I got it from lasports or topgunsupply...but it was one of those places who had them in stock (at the time).
The Milt Sparks belts are cut on a curve like a broken in belt and they are very comfortable....I find that I can even tighten it up a little more than normally without becoming uncomfortable.
I'm not sure if ebay or any vendors have them in stock currently but I promise you'll like them.
Sparks is probably running a typical 20+week turnaround time for holster orders ans I can only assume it's the same for belts but they are worth the wait, IMO.
In the mean time you might check out something from thebeltman or looper, etc.
:

You might want to call them and check if you want a Sparks belt. I ordered some different size loops earlier in the year. The guy on the phone said "no problem we'll have them out this week". I told him I was surprised givent the holster backlog. He said that only certain employees do the holsters. The belts may ship faster. The loops were at my door within 7 days.

I have one from TopGunSupply and I believe Beltman is making them for TGS.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ON duty nylon - Wilderness 1.75" with C.S.M. insert.
I'm surprised you don't use a traditional duty belt...

You might want to call them and check if you want a Sparks belt. I ordered some different size loops earlier in the year. The guy on the phone said "no problem we'll have them out this week". I told him I was surprised givent the holster backlog. He said that only certain employees do the holsters. The belts may ship faster. The loops were at my door within 7 days.

I have one from TopGunSupply and I believe Beltman is making them for TGS.
topgunsupply used to stock Milt Sparks belts regularly, not sure if they still do, but Beltman doesn't make the Sparks stuff if that's what you meant.
Beltman does however makes the "bullhide" belts that Tucker Gunleather sells....not the Regular Tucker line, just the Bullhide model.
I have one of the Tucker/Beltman Bullhide models and while it's adequate, I do not like it as much as either my Tucker Gunleather or my Milt Sparks belts.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must be the only guy in Oklahoma that doesn't like my Looper belt.
It was cheap, but I would rather spend twice as much and get a better belt.

The screws that hold the buckle on came undone right off the bat...in a public place. I had to walk out to my truck and reassemble the the belt with my knife. Not really a good way to walk out of a restaraunt with your belt undone, I am suprised somebody didn't call the cops or punch me in the face. I could put locktite on it, but I shouldn't have to "wrench" on clothing.

Plus, I have worn practically all the finish off the belt. Maybe I am harder on stuff than most people, but it is just scratched to heck and looks really bad. The finish was very thin.

After a couple months it was basically ruined. My last belt I bought for about the same price at a biker shop somewhere, wore it all the time and 6 years later it was still decent. Plus it never came undone in public.

I have one from the Beltman on order that should be here soon, we will see how it stacks up. If not I'll try Sparks or somewhere.

I still might pick up 1 or 2 Loopers in different colors for the 1 time every few years I have to wear something besides jeans, because they are so cheap. But they just don't hold up for me wearing them everyday like other belts I have had.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've had about every belt mentioned and I really like my Milt Sparks belt but I did have one of there's break on me one time. ( still one of my faves though)

The belt I find my self wearing most of the time is from Comp-Tac it has a kydex insert and is cut on a curve like the Milt Sparks belt and is a very good deal for the$

Latest posts

Top Bottom