ok now im getting anxious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
part 1 of 2 came in. hopefully about a month to go for my xd45 :cry11:

ai304.photobucket.com_albums_nn161_okiebronco_guns_XD45_1.jpg

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How well did it fit? I had bought a conversion barrel for my M&P 40c and had to do some fitting at the hood to get it to function properly. Nothing major just wouldn't rack all the way back without removing some metal from the hood. Nice barrels and great shooters.

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How well did it fit? I had bought a conversion barrel for my M&P 40c and had to do some fitting at the hood to get it to function properly. Nothing major just wouldn't rack all the way back without removing some metal from the hood. Nice barrels and great shooters.

not sure yet. i havent made it home yet to test fit it. should be able to answer that question tonight

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol yeah i dont believe itll take much work to fit it but its one of the things i dont feel comfortable tackling myself. not real sure on the technical term but the block that says stormlake is a bit too big to fit in place of the slide. i hear quite often that even their drop in barrels arent truly a drop in piece.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, they are very close. Mine had to have some milling on the top of the block you are referring to. It would jamb against the underside of the slide when you racked it back. If you take a marker and coat that block and reassemble it(if it will go together) then rack the slide you can see where it is dragging and just little by little with a really fine sand paper mill it down to fit. Keep applying the marker until you no longer see any drag. You can test this on your factory barrel to see where it should rub and where it shouldn't and use that as a gauge. And use digital calipers to check sizing.

That is if you wanted to tackle it yourself. Otherwise Mike will hook you up and get you goin.

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went out and met ol yeller yesterday. great guy just make sure hes had his coffee before you show up :lmfao:

anywho. i know yall like pictures so here she is with the fit barrel. now im just back to the waiting game.

ai304.photobucket.com_albums_nn161_okiebronco_fit.jpg

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a tactical. So is that a 5.5" or 6" barrel? Have you have a chance to shoot it? If so how does it compare to you stock barrel?

Looks good BTW!!

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The barrel measures 5.71" but i havent had a chance to go shoot it yet. hopefully later this week :) ill tell you this much. you could hear the stock barrel rattle slightly and this one doesnt. i think ol yeller is going to get tired of seeing this particular pistol. i have quite a bit of work for him to do to it over the next month or so :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom