OK Public Land Elk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well since I am not a hunter I don't want to waste my time finding the reg. manual. I just thought someone might be courteous enough to tell me what OLAP stood for. Never mind.

Then why didn't you say that?

THE OKLAHOMA LAND ACCESS PROGRAM (OLAP) The Oklahoma Land Access Program (OLAP) enrolls private lands to allow public access for hunting, fishing, stream access and/or wildlife viewing. Accessing by foot, sportspersons can enter and use OLAP lands without obtaining special permission or paying a separate fee. The goal of the OLAP is to increase hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities in areas with limited public access. Attention: All sportspersons using OLAP lands are responsible to know and understand the rules of the program, as well as the rules of each property. In addition to program rules, state and federal regulations apply. OLAP lands are considered Department-managed lands and all statewide regulations and license requirements apply

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then why didn't you say that?

THE OKLAHOMA LAND ACCESS PROGRAM (OLAP) The Oklahoma Land Access Program (OLAP) enrolls private lands to allow public access for hunting, fishing, stream access and/or wildlife viewing. Accessing by foot, sportspersons can enter and use OLAP lands without obtaining special permission or paying a separate fee. The goal of the OLAP is to increase hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities in areas with limited public access. Attention: All sportspersons using OLAP lands are responsible to know and understand the rules of the program, as well as the rules of each property. In addition to program rules, state and federal regulations apply. OLAP lands are considered Department-managed lands and all statewide regulations and license requirements apply
Thank you.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're referring to me, you might want to go back to the beginning of this thread and try again.
well since im not a hunter so why find the regs and read them!
If you're referring to me, you might want to go back to the beginning of this thread and try again.
No the other guy with a green icon

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not know that elk was not allowed in the OLAP. The land owner has the right to say
what is allowed and what is not as far means of harvesting. The guys up here would not
allow people to hunt for years, if they did, they did not allow firearms. They were afraid
someone would shoot there cows. There was eight elk tags in our area last year, and
20 the year before. It is not a draw, you just have to see how many had been checked in
before you shot one. We do some fishing on some of the OLAP ponds, it is a pretty good
hike to get in there, but some of the ponds are more than worth it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not know that elk was not allowed in the OLAP. The land owner has the right to say
what is allowed and what is not as far means of harvesting. The guys up here would not
allow people to hunt for years, if they did, they did not allow firearms. They were afraid
someone would shoot there cows. There was eight elk tags in our area last year, and
20 the year before. It is not a draw, you just have to see how many had been checked in
before you shot one. We do some fishing on some of the OLAP ponds, it is a pretty good
hike to get in there, but some of the ponds are more than worth it
Yep, OLAP land is treated just like WMA'S in the regulations. You cannot bait, put up permanent blinds and so on.
Most are shotgun and archery only by landowners designation. That is by landowner choice not some BS preference thing or whatever as posted above.
It's a great asset to folks that like to hunt and need a place to do so.
Take advantage of it if you don't have private land to hunt. Some of it gets little use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom