OK Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw nothing tonight. Just about burned up in the blind with the 82 degree temps. Wind had me going to the place where I shot the buck a couple of days ago. When the rut gets hot, the does bail out. Its only 22 Acres in the middle of a section so they can't get away from the bucks that pester them endlessly and try to find other areas.
When gun season starts in my other blind, wind direction makes little difference unless its dead out of the east and that doesn't happen often in the fall. That's where I'll be waiting for the giant I saw last night.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i drove home from the gun club tonight. coffe creek all the way from hiwasee to western. i almost always see deer at dusk. nothing tonight though

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The deer went APE **** tonight!!!! 5 bucks in the yard plus 6 does and yearlings. 3 shooters with 2 of them lookin for a fight and the yearling buck was pushin sister around. It was NUTS and MA told me I couldn't pull de trigger cause I had work to do. The bathroom didn't get used tonight so no buck got whopped to become a second bathroom buck. That really is the best seat in the house. If You all don't know what i am eluding too. I killed a 12 point out of my bathroom window a few years ago.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 2 biggest bucks are approx 6.5 years old. I had not seen the "Hartford Buck" in 2 years. Ma finally fessed up tonight that the second buck was her Hartford buck. He looks just like the buck in the Hartford commercial. My son and I have agreed to let him walk as we need the genes in the pool. The second mature buck is nicknamed "Chilli", rack is 4-5 X 3 and NEVER changes year after year. He has GOT to go. I have him perfectly patterned and tomorrow my son will attempt to end his rein of screwing up the gene pool. My does do not appear to be interested in breeding yet. Tomorrow could be exciting as we have been trying to kill Chilli for 3 years.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
same here. This morning I took a friend hunting and a shooter came in but he pegged us and we could not move. Tonight at 3:30 4 coyotes came thru the yard then they hauled boogy back East because 2 feral dogs were chasing them hard. The two dogs came back across the yard and one stumbled. I guess to much activity late in the day had the kids spooked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom