OK Senate passes bill that would allow more teachers to be armed at school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that training is needed but worst case scenario I’d rather they have a gun than a chair to prop against the door.
Or a sack of canned goods/hockey pucks to throw at the shooter. :rolleyes2:

Politicians have presented some pretty dumb ideas as valid options, but the best way stop a bad guy with a gun is still a good guy/gal with a gun. Even minimal training (knowing which end the bullet comes out) beats nothing in an active shooter situation.

As usual, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that training is needed but worst case scenario I’d rather they have a gun than a chair to prop against the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly . . . I don't think my wife would even want to carry in her classroom. I bet many wouldn't. But those who are able to and trained appropriately should have the option.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or a sack of canned goods/hockey pucks to throw at the shooter. :rolleyes2:

Politicians have presented some pretty dumb ideas as valid options, but the best way stop a bad guy with a gun is still a good guy/gal with a gun. Even minimal training (knowing which end the bullet comes out) beats nothing in an active shooter situation.

As usual, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

I remember Louis L'Amour telling in his books that a woman with a pistol in her hand could "shoot a guy to doll rags" simply by pointing the firearm rather than aiming. My wife has an issue with shooting a rifle because she can't close her left eye independently from her right. So, when we went to concealed carry class and to the range at the end, I walked down to her lane to see how she was doing with her new handgun.

I walked away with the knowledge that Louis L'Amour was right. She had a dang good grouping in that target.

Granted, at distance, it might be different for her.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is great news. Every single person that works in a school should be able to carry. Just like I should be able to carry when I pick my son up. As for the teachers getting extra training, I don’t think it matters. When something like a school shooting happens training don’t prepare you for it. Unless you train a real world scenario a lot, and that ain’t gonna happen. I would rather have an untrained teacher carrying at my sons school than them not carrying at all. Right now they are sitting ducks. This has got to change. It’s time to uphold the constitution and stop infringing on it. Because right now my son has no chance of being saved because zero teachers and staff are allowed to carry.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And at the end of the day line up the students that have given the teachers problems and take care of business. Guarantee the next day every student will be polite an considerate. Seriously, train, train, train and not every teacher has the capability or wherewithal to carry much less shoot a gun. And what if a student sides up to a teacher with a paper and a question and takes their weapon? Doesn't the technology exist whereby the gun recognizes the specific shooter and if someone else gets the gun they can't shoot it?
For starters they should not be allowed to openly carry it. It should have to be concealed and in a retention holster. And the students won’t have any idea which teachers are carrying. It ain’t like the school is gonna tell them. But hey, let’s just keep on doing what we’re doing.
Absolutely need the training. Spend a couple of hours in a typical classroom and watch all the distractions that teachers must deal with on a daily basis. Now add in the potential of an armed intruder breaking into a room. a little training on what happens next is a must.

Also, the vast majority of schools and teachers are doing a great job of keeping their classrooms safe. How many incidents have actually happened, vs the number of classrooms on a daily basis. Darn good record of protecting their students.
Most schools aren’t doing anything to keep students safe. Unless they have armed police at the school. And I don’t think that’s the best. If a shooter wants to shoot up a school that has an officer they usually know the officer and their routine. With teachers carrying the potential shooter wouldn’t know who is carrying.

As for teachers keeping their students safe. A shooter just hasn’t went there to shoot the school up so they haven’t had to do anything. Mass shootings are pretty rare despite what the media says. If a shooter decides to shoot a school up there ain’t a dang thing an unarmed teacher can do about it. They either tell the kids to hide or they charge the shooter and get killed. I would much rather have an untrained teacher carrying than not. It don’t take a rocket scientist to decide what to do if a killer breaks into the classroom. Point the gun and shoot. It ain’t hard. It’s EVERYONES right to carry and there ain’t a thing in the constitution that says you have a training course to do it. I’m not against training though. But as I’ve said before, you can train all the time shooting at fake stuff. It’s much different when your shooting at a real person and they are shooting back. I’ve been there and it sucks. I’d rather have a gun with zero training than just my bare hands.

I always pray another school shooting doesn’t happen. But I’m sure it will. It’s just the way it is sadly. People want to blame the gun instead of the person doing the killing. And our gun culture is completely wrong. If guns were being shown for the good they do instead of the bad it would help tremendously. But the media and Hollywood won’t allow that to happen. Just look at Israel. People have guns everywhere and it’s normal. They aren’t looked at like they are here. Even though we have millions that own and carry guns. If our culture would change things would get better. But the government don’t want that. They want people to view guns negatively. That helps them to get rid of them. Which is what they want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom