Ok, that's it. I just saw the stupidest thing ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to get back to the good times when people just looked a dead sumbich and said “there’s a dead sumbich”

The preacher said a few words and they buried him down in a hole.
Then everybody ate the hot dishes the thoughtful old ladies had prepared, and that was the end of it.
I miss my youth

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Fried okra even in the winter time. Green-picked black eyed peas. Meatloaf, pot roast, every kind of pie you can imagine.
What happened to them days?

edit: I’m not even being sarcastic.
My mind wanders
Please quit wandering, your making me drool. :cool: More so than usual!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am just glad that ,no matter how a death is counted, the numbers are getting no where close to what the initial models were calling for. Not knocking the models just damn glad they were wrong.

IIRC, many of the models used to strike fear into our hearts were those based on if we took no preventative measures at all....so the fact that we didn't reach those numbers after taking preventative measures does not, in itself, invalidate those models.

I haven't seen any models that predicted death counts under the lock down measures we put in place.

I once worked with a counter terrorism guy in Kuwait. It was his job to analyze the threat and recommend protective posture to the commander. He told me once during a smoke break that he was damned either way. "If I see a big threat and recommend a lock down and nothing happens, everyone will say I overreacted. If I see inklings of a threat, say nothing, and we get hammered, they will say I didn't do enough. So, I'm erring on the side of the lock down because at least a bunch of us won't die."

I was all in on the initial 15-30 days to flatten the curve thing. I just think it's getting out of hand now and the tin pot dictators all over the country are getting drunk with power.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what happened to it...it's just that we can't say it
I can say it. The young Baptist ladies had to move to town to find work before they ever got the chance to be old Baptist ladies.
If you want to know why the culture is decadent, you follow the money

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, many of the models used to strike fear into our hearts were those based on if we took no preventative measures at all....so the fact that we didn't reach those numbers after taking preventative measures does not, in itself, invalidate those models.

I haven't seen any models that predicted death counts under the lock down measures we put in place.

yep. And i'm guessing you likely wont see many models like that for a national level since it'd be very hard to take into account the varied levels of response across the US at this point.

Even within states there is going to be some variation since some places are still trying to do more, but i'm guessing it's more easy to account for when you look at the 'base' level the state is requiring.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m genuinely curious as I’ve seen this claim repeatedly.

Do you have any data to back that up?

Does anyone have any proof of the “car crash victim listed as covid death”....as in someone came into the hospital dying from car crash injuries and they just happened to give them a covid test before they died so they could claim it was covid?

Like, really curious. I haven’t had the interest to dive that deep into the conspiracy.

Here’s what I could see. Someone in the hospital with respiratory complications as a result of a car crash contracts covid-19 and dies as a result of complications from that virus. That’s a legit covid death. The presence of a comorbidity doesn’t invalidate the death count. It impacts the severity of the disease and is relevant to how we should perceive it though.

Same as someone with diabetes dying from covid. Yeah, the diabetes would’ve maybe killed them eventually but covid killed them now. Is it not valid to list that as a covid death?

OK, I only meant this as a tongue-in-cheek joke. I was being sarcastic about how that statement has been thrown around everywhere. I honestly have no idea how true it may (or may-not) be.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just glad that ,no matter how a death is counted, the numbers are getting no where close to what the initial models were calling for. Not knocking the models just damn glad they were wrong.

I think SMS said it best --- all the models were assuming no preventative measures. So now we're in the arena where two contestants are vying for supremacy. In the red corner we have "The models were wrong because the deep state and NWO were only trying to scare us and trample our rights and freedoms and make us not get haircuts". And in the blue corner we have the much less boring, but probably more correct "They were wrong precisely because we did social distancing and lockdowns and science is trying to help us and not kill us".

I once worked with a counter terrorism guy in Kuwait. It was his job to analyze the threat and recommend protective posture to the commander. He told me once during a smoke break that he was damned either way. "If I see a big threat and recommend a lock down and nothing happens, everyone will say I overreacted. If I see inklings of a threat, say nothing, and we get hammered, they will say I didn't do enough. So, I'm erring on the side of the lock down because at least a bunch of us won't die."

This is my life in the world of IT everyday. Do your job right and people will think they don't need you because nothing goes wrong. But if something is broken then obviously you're incompetent and need to be fired. So I think it's 100% a good description of the last few months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom