1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Ok, that's it. I just saw the stupidest thing ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glock 'em down, May 21, 2020.

1. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I touched myself today. Covid19 made me do it

2. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

3. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not devinyls, decovid

Cards81fan, BobbyV and okierider like this.
  4. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    What deheck you say??

BobbyV and Gunbuffer like this.
  5. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think the implication of all this is that hospital administrators would be the ones that would actually be requesting the doctors to list a cause of death as Covid-19. After all, there is a monetary advantage to that. As for the CDC guidelines, who of us here would know what all of those are? I certainly don't, and to add to that, what are the guidelines from Medicare, since they would be the ones that were paying out for the diagnosed disease?

chuter likes this.
  6. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    ...and the CDC data on excess deaths since March doesn't support anyone's claim that is happening. I've still yet to see a credible claim from someone that falsification or exaggeration of COVID as the cause of death is happening in any statistically significant quantity.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  7. BobbyV

BobbyV Um, yeah . . .

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  8. BobbyV

BobbyV Um, yeah . . .

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    https://www.conservativereview.com/...onavirus-fatality-rate-outside-nursing-homes/

A portion of this article is below . . .

To begin with, the media and politicians are still promoting high overall infection fatality rates (IFR), such as the World Health Organization’s estimate of 3.4%. But we’ve seen enough random sampling from serological antibody tests, corroborated by hard data from prisons and navy ships, to demonstrate that the virus spread earlier, wider, and more asymptomatically than previously thought, thereby driving the fatality rate much lower. A new analysis averaging all the major antibody tests indicates that the average overall fatality rate (including nursing home deaths) is 0.2%. Why have our policies not been updated to reflect that reality?

This week, Dr. John P.A. Ioannidis published a preprint (before peer review) analysis averaging the fatality rates reflected in the extrapolation of all the serology tests with a sample size larger than 500 and that were randomly sampled (as opposed to health care workers). These tests measure the seroprevalence – the prevalence of antibodies for the virus in a given population – through some degree of random sampling.

Based on these random samples, the Stanford professor of medicine, epidemiology, biomedical data science, and statistics concluded that the fatality rate ranges from 0.02% to 0.40%. That is a range of seven times less deadly or 2.8 times more deadly than seasonal influenza.

The mean IFR is 0.2%, right around the result we saw from the first U.S. serology studies in Santa Clara, Los Angeles, and Miami Dade Counties. That is 17 times less deadly than what the World Health Organization originally predicted and 4.5 times less deadly than the Imperial College study assumed!

chuter likes this.
  9. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

It is likely we are all stumbling around in the dark and hollering whenever we stub a toe. Our information comes to us from reporters and UTubers who are hungry to latch onto something to confirm their bias. Meanwhile the medical researchers themselves are not immune to political pressure.
    All I know is there is a train track out there in the dark somewhere and people doing something the wrong way are getting plowed down in places like New York City. We can hope and pray we don't experience here what they went through there. What bothers me is that some of us here reject the danger entirely and proudly proclaim that it's a farce or so minor that it isn't worth worrying over. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  10. The Scribe

The Scribe Marksman

Conspiracy theories aren’t actually theories. They are conspiracies. This whole covid BS is just that. And the lock down is about the election, not the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk