OK2A News & Updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your Oklahoma State Representative Grade from OK2A . . .
View attachment 152366
I'm not liking Ken Luttrel's rating of an A.
He was one of the Rino's that voted with mattress mary to stop the open carry. He got voted out of office, but ran again and got back in again because the one that defeated him with a strong 2A preseanse really didn't do a whole lot legislatively to develop a resume to the voters.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all politicians can not be everything A++ to everybodies agenda. We are looking a one facet of all the items and interests out here, but we are doing pretty good with this one over all. Fortunately I think 2A fits in with constitutional thinking which is a good basis for all politicians in my opinion/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all politicians can not be everything A++ to everybodies agenda. We are looking a one facet of all the items and interests out here, but we are doing pretty good with this one over all. Fortunately I think 2A fits in with constitutional thinking which is a good basis for all politicians in my opinion/
If your going to be a politician for the people, you have to involve yourself in the interests of the people that will be voting for you. In my example above, our local rep, had a great legislative record of doing for the people yet went against the 2A and went out the door.
Voters don't have a very good memory in general, so 4 years later, he came out with slick ads about his legislative accomplishments while his opponent first term incumbent had few because of being new to the office.
To the fault of the incumbent, he never mentioned the 2A failure of the person trying to take back his chair in the house and lost the race. Rino back in office.

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not liking Ken Luttrel's rating of an A.
He was one of the Rino's that voted with mattress mary to stop the open carry. He got voted out of office, but ran again and got back in again because the one that defeated him with a strong 2A preseanse really didn't do a whole lot legislatively to develop a resume to the voters.
ALL Legislators start out with an "A" grade by OK2A . . .it is up to them to keep it or improve it. OK2A watches them to make sure & we will keep you informed on how they are doing (or NOT doing) . . .

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK2A looks at their 2A Positions first and foremost - BUT - we also monitor ALL of their Liberty Positions and relay that information to all of you.

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your going to be a politician for the people, you have to involve yourself in the interests of the people that will be voting for you. In my example above, our local rep, had a great legislative record of doing for the people yet went against the 2A and went out the door.
Voters don't have a very good memory in general, so 4 years later, he came out with slick ads about his legislative accomplishments while his opponent first term incumbent had few because of being new to the office.
To the fault of the incumbent, he never mentioned the 2A failure of the person trying to take back his chair in the house and lost the race. Rino back in office.
Being new in back in Kay County ( I left in 1954 when I was 6 yrs.old) and moved back in 2017 (69 yrs.old) so I was not here when that went down but I have heard about it. I have met him and he made a BIG mistake not bringing that out. I am waiting to hear back 'for sure' that Lutrell will appear and speak and answer questions at our next ok2a.org - Kay County Chapter meeting at 12:00 Noon Saturday 2/29/2020. Ditto with Sen. Bill Coleman - it would be great if you all would "Encourage" them to do so . . .Rep. John Pfieffer has CONFIRMED that he will be there. I had 65 folks at our first meeting- and , as I am sure you all would agree, that is a Great Turn Out for ANY meeting in Kay County--> And only 1 guy left, everyone else stayed for the whole meeting. If they come this could be the biggest group they might talk to before elections...AND I need ALL of you to come so we can get their attention. My Attendance Goal for this Meeting --> 100 attendees - help me make it happen.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK2A looks at their 2A Positions first and foremost - BUT - we also monitor ALL of their Liberty Positions and relay that information to all of you.

Sturgisrun -

Can you provide me with information or a contact on how the grading was performed. I contacted my Senator (Adam Pugh) about his B- score and relayed my disappointment. He responded that he was disappointed with the score as well. He indicated that he has never voted against a single 2nd Amendment bill and that he is A+ rated by the NRA. He is not sure which bills or actions may have counted against him. He said he missed some votes last year due to the flu and that some groups count a missed vote as a “no” vote.

I told the Senator I would try to find out the scoring criteria and let him know. The voting record I have followed for the Senator has shown he is a supporter of the 2A.

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up c
Sturgisrun -

Can you provide me with information or a contact on how the grading was performed. I contacted my Senator (Adam Pugh) about his B- score and relayed my disappointment. He responded that he was disappointed with the score as well. He indicated that he has never voted against a single 2nd Amendment bill and that he is A+ rated by the NRA. He is not sure which bills or actions may have counted against him. He said he missed some votes last year due to the flu and that some groups count a missed vote as a “no” vote.

I told the Senator I would try to find out the scoring criteria and let him know. The voting record I have followed for the Senator has shown he is a supporter of the 2A.
------------------
Let me make a few inquiries about Sen. Adam Pugh' Grade and see if I can find out, specifically, how his Grade was arrived at. I will post here as soon as I have some info. . .Thanx for your question and your support.

Last edited:

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Upcoming Gun Bills in 2020 Oklahoma Legislature - and Ok2A.org evaluation on each one. Contact your Legislators . . .Sorry it is a little blurred- this was the best Copy/Paste I could get.
84399706_3251148948246494_3072053264875782144_n.jpg

sturgisrun

Remember Flight 93
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THE most important bill Pending in 2020 Oklahoma Legislature--> SJR16 - To Re-word The State Constitution to bring it inline with US Constitution 2nd Amendment . We must get this passed and to the Governor and then to the People for a vote in November.
-------------
Don Spencer's statement about SJR16-
"I just want to let the Chapter Coordinators know if in a meeting and a person say we need to have Second Amendment sanctuary county for Oklahoma.
The answer is NO.
SJR16 will secure our rights and basically make us a Second Amendment sanctuary state.

82037669_10215503515197432_814450718445404160_o.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom