Okay, which one of you posted this???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure asking prices on all snake guns are going to be high. But what is it worth? Original MSRP plus interest at the rate of inflation and not a penny more if you ask me. There's nothing that special about them, just sparsity since they stopped production. The second Colt decides to dig themselves out of debt by manufacturing weapons most people actually want from them like quality revolvers instead of what their marketing team thinks people want, "5000 AR15 & 1911 variants" the old snake guns will drop in price.
There's no reason a gun that was in production in the 90's that sold for under $500 new should shoot up to well over 10x that initial price. I love colt, my commander is a staple of my EDC, but the price hike on snake guns is ridiculous and exists primarily because a majority of those who favor wheel guns are older and have the money to demand, thus limited supply shoots up in value.

Last edited:

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a simple supply and demand. Back in the 70s-80s you could buy a first gen camaro for $500 now you can't get a shell for less than a few grand.

Until colt decides to make new ones the old ones will go up in value, even if they do start making them the old ones will be worth more because they will be "better" in people's mind.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does seem slightly high. Id say 4800-5100 is reasonable.

The thing about gun broker is they can post them for 20,000 it is if they have bids. People post at really high price because they see others doing it and but those other people have 0 bids or they just keep listing it till they catch a bid or a buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom