OKC AK Build Party

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtieguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so has anyone thought about revisiting the AK 47 Build Party idea for the OKC area. I want to build an AK, but, I do not have the knowledge, the tools nor the know how. I am a disabled Vietnam Vet and would like to build a rifle before the government takes away all of our rights. About everything on my body is screwed up so I would need the help of someone patient and understanding of my disabilities. The V.A.is replacing parts on me and I have Cancer in a couple of different places and I want to take up a little time building an AK and burning up some powder before it's too late. I also need some guidance on what and where to buy as far as the parts kit, barrel and receiver. Since I'm retired I have all the time it takes at whatever time it can happen. I realize that it's kind of late in the game, but, as I said I don't have that long to play so, put me in coach.

bowtieguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not built one but have wanted to. I may just wind up buying one out right because the cost of the receiver and parts kit is about the same as a pre built one plus I don't have the tools.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/polish-ak47-parts-kit-w-barrel
I went ahead and bought a Zastava M70. I got a good buy on it and am still in it for $1,000. There are just too many toys to hang on it. If you do buy I suggest that you get the Zastava, it is definitely second to only Arsenal.

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm very interested in an AK build party. I already have the Egyptian Maadi Parts kit and will be acquiring compliance parts soon. Will be my first AK and I just don't want to buy one off the shelf. I want to build it and make it look original.

8twist

New to the site!
Reaction score
My understanding is the way the batfe has things written the build parties are a thing of the past. If anyone other than YOU touches your build during assembly you need a serial # so from what I've gathered from other ak related sites is nobody wants to be involved anymore. It's really too bad cuz i have a Polish kit I need to build and would like help. Hell I don't even care about the serial #.... Oh well like so many things of the past.....

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think BATFE has better things to do than lurking around someone's workshop watching a few guys BS'ing and building a few rifles, much less counting the parts to meet 922r compliance.

If it were one of the local anarchist groups it might be a different story.

Anywho.......some links to parts kits and tools would be a big help.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Gunbroker has parts kits! Bought a tantal ak74 kit for less that 200 last year. Working on an ak47 now ,waiting on the purchase of the receiver everything else is here !!!
As far as the first build went I had a blast doing it but this next one I am buying the receiver already finished!!1

8Twist and pliskin do you plan on building the receiver or buying one completed?
You can get them for 90 bucks and they have serial numbers so a build party would be legal

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think BATFE has better things to do than lurking around someone's workshop watching a few guys BS'ing and building a few rifles, much less counting the parts to meet 922r compliance.

If it were one of the local anarchist groups it might be a different story.

Anywho.......some links to parts kits and tools would be a big help.

I am not willing to take a chance with my freedom to own weapons or take the chance of confiscation for not following the law!! 922r is silly but it is the law we have to follow, not to mention it is not very expensive to do it on the ak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom