OKC Dell Campus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they did receive tax breaks for building there. I think they had to do something to attract them to that location.

The Okc Housing Authority complex across the street is a friggen war zone. I’ve been there way too many times on violent calls.

The property that Dell sits on used to belong to the city. It was part of failed “String of Pearls project and for a short time had horses available to ride the trails.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, so well said.... The original question was an interest in what was happening with the building.

And then a hope that it would not become another vacant building in a very visible location.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, so well said.... The original question was an interest in what was happening with the building.

And then a hope that it would not become another vacant building in a very visible location.
My point is that Dell owns it, so there’s not a whole lot that “we” can do about it. If they want it to sit there vacant (which doesn’t sound like it’s the case, despite outward appearances), that’s up to them.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dish Network had a large call center in Tulsa, changed to work from home during Rona. Then decided to vacate the building a did not renew their lease. Now farming out lot of calls to Mexico.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point is that Dell owns it, so there’s not a whole lot that “we” can do about it. If they want it to sit there vacant (which doesn’t sound like it’s the case, despite outward appearances), that’s up to them.

I'm pretty sure it isn't vacant. Our relative had to take his work laptop in about a week ago to get some upgrading done, maybe even getting a new one, so there are some people working there, and there may even be some servers on the property. After all, the tech support people may have a need for those servers.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told that in addition to tax breaks the 'land fill' was basically donated to Dell.
Dell probably feels like GM did when we put the screws to them over taxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom