OKC Dell Campus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a beautiful facility. What a shame to be sitting virtually empty.
Unless you factor in reduced commuting time, fuel costs, time and $ of packing a lunch or eating at the taco wagon... ;-)
I've been working remote since the vid started and we've find we're was productive (some folks moreso) than were in the office. I do miss the suicidal sort and ease of walking down the hall to talk about issues. And lunch out nearly everyday.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot are working remote due to COVID. Think they had layoffs a few months ago.

This /\.

The company I work for (NTT Data) has also now gone almost all remote work as well. I have been working from home for over 2 years. At first it was "temporary", but since the company already had the infrastructure fully adapted to the remote environment, it was decided to make it permanent.

I used to work for Dell and still have some contacts there. They have told me the same thing happened to them.

I'm sure companies are finding it much cheaper when they don't have to pay for the electric, HVAC, building maintenance, and such to keep 100's to 1000's of computers running, and people happy, day in and day out.

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do people still buy Dell?

I do. Almost all of their laptops have service manuals and cheap replacement parts. You can get an off-lease corporate machine for significantly less than retail and it'll usually have a top of the line processor. Some will even look brand new because it's so common for people to be issued laptops but have them connected to docking stations 100% of their lease life.

This is usually not a good path if you need a gaming computer, but if you just need something you can take on your travels then it can't be beat.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it is still a beautiful facility, that may find some other use with employees that enjoy the elements of working in a group, or some other application.
We seem to have a different idea of beauty.

Did you know it is built on top of a garbage dump? The buildings actually have to have ventilation under them to vent the methane gases.

Oh, and one of the buildings had sunk at least 6 inches when I worked there a few years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom