OKC folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any one making holes in paper tomorrow? Can't decide if I will go to Lexington to sweat and shoot or stay close and shoot at one of the indoor ranges!
Any body up for an impromptu ENS?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would, but my wife has me working in the yard tomorrow to get ready for some Garden Club she belongs too to come to our house on Monday. Wouldn't you really rather just come over and help me pull weeds out of flower beds and stuff? You don't wanna go to no steenkin' range and go shooting! You would much rather pull weeds in the hot sun huh?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LOL !! Alright Tom Sawyer!! I did my yard duty today so I can go play tomorrow!! Power of suggestion is lost on me brother!!! Had all the weed pulling I could handle as a kid LOL Now I have to be threatened with sleeping on the couch to mow the lawn LOL

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just called the ODW and asked about Lexington gun range. She said it is under construction . No set date on opening. It will be expanded with some covered shooting benches. Also asked can they put something on their website about the opening. Can't wait ....

Found some info:

NRA Donates to Shooting Range Project
A program to improve shooting ranges at several Wildlife Department management areas across the state received a welcomed boost this week from the National Rifle Association Foundation.
During June's regular meeting of the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission, NRA senior field representative Darren Delong presented a check for $6,000 toward renovations at Lexington Wildlife Management Area.
Commissioners met Monday at Woolaroc, the former ranch retreat of oilman Frank Phillips near Bartlesville.
The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation is in the early stages of a five-year plan to improve shooting ranges at a dozen WMAs. Shooting ranges at Lexington and Cherokee WMAs will be the first to receive improvements.
Delong told commissioners the NRA Foundation's Friends of NRA is fund-raising for the future of the shooting sports. fits with the organization's mission to support shooting sports. Since 1992, Friends of NRA has raised more than $600 million for the NRA Foundation for projects such as range improvements, education and training, competitive shooting and general shooting programs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom