OKC Gun Club Action Pistol Bays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't leave home without it.
20200630_123540.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought you had to police your brass?

I don't believe that is a club rule. I always clean up around any hard shooting station, like the concrete or bench areas, for the next person but I don't pick up brass in the grass/dirt/gravel. I leave it for the brass sharks and, judging by how much brass I see every time I go, I'm not alone.

I brought my wife and son with me the other evening and we cleaned up quite a bit of brass that someone left all over the silhouette range, and stacked up a bunch of chairs that were flung around.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone use the wire roller thing. The grabbers work great I like the one piece personally. My son and I each have one and a bucket on a stick. We fill the buckets up and then dump in a 5 gallon bucket. I have seen setups like @dennishoddy talks about also with a dip net and they are much lower to the ground. Those work great when your at a match and trying to get stuff quick and dump it for the owner. You don't have to lift each piece as high. The Cowboy action folks have some pretty neat setups and ideas. One lady I seen has a little milk bucket on a string and it works good to.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have often wondered if one of those wire baskets used for picking up pecans would work. Looks like someone else did something about it!

nut-wizard-10-500-02A.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have often wondered if one of those wire baskets used for picking up pecans would work. Looks like someone else did something about it!

nut-wizard-10-500-02A.jpg
They work somewhat on indoor ranges. I have one of those. They don't work well on pecans or brass because they pick up leaves, sticks and every thing else on the woods floor.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as nothing is scheduled all the bays are open. All rounds must hit the berm. Only lead on steel targets. No shooting from outside the bay and pick up your trash and shotgun shells. You can leave your brass, it will get picked up. If you have large trash items, please take them to the dumpster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom