OKC Gun Club... I'm considering joining.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What formatting controls are not working for you?

Are you seeing these, and the 3 dots are drop down menus for more controls.

View attachment 315012
I have issues with posts as well. For example, when editing a quote, I occasionally cannot go back to the part of my text box allowing me to make a reply outside of the quote box. Also with inserting quotes, I cannot delete old quotes from other threads in my quotes to be inserted box without turning my phone into landscape mode. I’m using a current version of IOS on a 3 year old iPhone.

Support Dev

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Administrator Supporter
Reaction score
I have issues with posts as well. For example, when editing a quote, I occasionally cannot go back to the part of my text box allowing me to make a reply outside of the quote box. Also with inserting quotes, I cannot delete old quotes from other threads in my quotes to be inserted box without turning my phone into landscape mode. I’m using a current version of IOS on a 3 year old iPhone.

Ah, iOS. I'll have to pull out an iPad since I don't have an iPhone and see if I can replicate to I can tell tech, and also direct him to read this thread. Thank you for giving me good information.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys input. And I don’t mind a slight derail, as I’m still getting my questions answered.

I saw on the website that an NRA membership is required… is that a hard rule? I can think of a lot of other organizations that I would rather give my money to other than the political lackeys who give away free made in China crap with your membership and spam your mail with scare pieces.

Why do they require so much information on the membership form, wanting to know my employer/spouse/kids and such?

Is there a magic response for the “what I bring to the club” questions? I’m pretty handy, And intend on helping out on work days, and want a membership because it makes sense economically and travel wise for me, I’m not an internet influencer or marksmanship instructor. I feel like just wanting to go shoot isn’t what they’re looking for with members?

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the NRA membership is required. The NRA is very good to the OKCGC with the grant money they provide to us.

Regarding a magic response for what you bring to the club, I don’t know of one. The fact that you are handy and willing to help with workdays is a great response.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You can go to 300 anytime. The 600 yard range requires an orientation. The main reason for the orientation is because not all areas are visible from the 600 yard area. A series of signs and flags are used to let people know that there are others down range. This system works very well.
One of my favorite ranges is the 22 only. It’s almost all resettable steel. I can spend a couple hours there easily.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What formatting controls are not working for you?

Are you seeing these, and the 3 dots are drop down menus for more controls.

View attachment 315012
All of them. The 3 dots work and bring up all the buttons, but the buttons don't do a thing. None of them.

I've switched the preview mode back and forth and often the three buttons will switch it right back after changing it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ah, iOS. I'll have to pull out an iPad since I don't have an iPhone and see if I can replicate to I can tell tech, and also direct him to read this thread. Thank you for giving me good information.
Same issue running a Mac Mini on Monterey 12.6 and a Chrome browser.

iPhone 12 plus 15.6.1 works in DuckDuckGo works OK.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything's been answered already, but I'll give my 2 cents as I'm coming up on one year there.

Worth every penny for me. I've blown the berm away on the plinking range and 300 yard bench rest. I've saved a ton of money by not going out west and haven't worried about getting shot in the back. It's sorta close for me too. 12 miles to the main gate.

Work days come up constantly. I did mine in early April while it was cool. You find yourself volunteering much more. I've lost count on events I've assisted with. The hunter sight in day was a blast. Staff are always greatful for the help.

Basically if the sun's up, you can shoot. Only once in a years time have I went to shoot and a range was being used for an event. It was on me as the calendar is updated with events.

They paid for my RSO class which was a cool deal. They need RSO's all the time and them paying for the training, is my way of giving back.

I'm not the biggest fan of the NRA in recent years, but it is required. They do a ton for the club though, so I was ok with paying for it.

Good luck and hope to see you out there soon!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can go to 300 anytime. The 600 yard range requires an orientation. The main reason for the orientation is because not all areas are visible from the 600 yard area. A series of signs and flags are used to let people know that there are others down range. This system works very well.
One of my favorite ranges is the 22 only. It’s almost all resettable steel. I can spend a couple hours there easily.
My son loves it. He can spend an hour or two banging steel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom