OKC Gun Club... I'm considering joining.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No full auto

No night fire

No .50

Make sure all rounds hit a berm and not the ground

Dont shoot the props

Follow gun saftey

Clean up after yourself, leavevthe brass, I'll get that. :-)

Other than that you are pretty much free do what you want.

Shotgun and long range rifle has orientations.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it too. Been a member for years but this may be my last year. I was picking up brass to fund my membership but can not any longer.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In that case, I’ll try it this way:

You pay your dues, and otherwise, unless competing in an event, you can show up whenever theyre open and shoot as much as you want without paying range fees, right?

Response - Yes, except shotgun. A round of Skeet or Trap is now $5.00 (price just increased). To shoot anytime you have to have completed the “honors” orientation. Otherwise, the shotgun range is open to all members on Sat and Sun, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.

On the shotgun range, do they provide throwers? Can you provide your own clays?

Response - We have throwers for the skeet and trap ranges. There is also a mounted hand thrower available anytime for members. You can use your own targets at the hand thrower.

What ranges do they have, distance wise? specifically interested in rifle.

Response - Benchrest to 300 yds, High Power to 600 yds but requires an orientation class before use, Silhouette range is up to 500M - the range is pretty restrictive and intended for competitions for shooting full size animal Silhouette.

Do you feel the membership is worth the money?

Response - Definitely!

When does the enrollment period start?

Response - There is an Orientation class in December. I don’t know if it is full or not. It’s best to submit an application and your likely to get into the next available orientation class.

Do they allow you to pick up your brass/hulls?

Response - Yes
The silhouette has rounds you can shoot anytime with CF. Dont shoot the animal plates with CF rifle.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s worth every penny. I’m out there at least 2-3 days a week. It’s truly my home away from home, and I’ve met nothing but amazing people out there.

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,
A question about the 300 and 600 yard ranges. Is there AR500 steel there or is it paper only? Can I bring my own steel?

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paper only on the high power range. I think they are planning on extending it to 1000 yards soon. They have another range that is a plinking range for .22 and rifles that has metal targets. All the animal shapes are for .22s and all the round targets are for the high power stuff. I think it goes out to 500 yards though don't take that to the bank as I don't shoot over there much. They have AR matches once or twice a month also. Here is what it looks like : Silhouette Division

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,
A question about the 300 and 600 yard ranges. Is there AR500 steel there or is it paper only? Can I bring my own steel?

600 yard range is paper only and you need to go through the orientation before shooting there. Closed right now for road repairs.

300 benchrest is paper only, but at 300 has a few metal rounds set up. No go on putting your own metal out. New 150 benchrest has metal rounds at the 150 as well.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paper only on the high power range. I think they are planning on extending it to 1000 yards soon. They have another range that is a plinking range for .22 and rifles that has metal targets. All the animal shapes are for .22s and all the round targets are for the high power stuff. I think it goes out to 500 yards though don't take that to the bank as I don't shoot over there much. They have AR matches once or twice a month also. Here is what it looks like : Silhouette Division

The 500 meter silhouette is a bit complicated. Anything that is animal shaped is no go for centerfire fire. Pistol caliber and .22 lr is ok. The 6 inch rounds are centerfire rifle ok at all ranges (starts at 100)

If you shoot at the animals with a CF rifle and they catch you, you could lose your membership.

This is where I shoot my .22 at longer ranges. Quite fun to arc in on the Ram at 225. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom