OKC Gun Club... I'm considering joining.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The action pistol bays are the private bays as long as a match isn’t going on. Keep an eye on the calendar if you’re planning on going out that day
Are all private bays in use on match days? Just seeing if it's even worth going out there on match days

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are all private bays in use on match days? Just seeing if it's even worth going out there on match days
"Most" of the time. I have been to a few shoots on the weekends where there was one or two bays unoccupied for someone to use.

Depending on what you need the bay for, you might be able to do it at another range. When I zero my MRDS's on my handguns, I use the Bullseye range. At 25 yard line, there is a hump where moving target bases are. They are covered with steel plates. I run my target stand out to the 25 yard mark, that way you are in compliance with the rule of all rounds will impact the berm and not the ground, and shoot there from the firing line. Pistol rounds only and very seldom is here a soul out there.

Now, if you are wanting to do some drills, draw from holster etc, you probably need a bay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_9.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 0

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A clarifying question about the rules.. I see that there's no night fire allowed.

So, does this mean that everyone has to be off the range by sunset or does that mean that there can't be any gunfire after sunset?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A clarifying question about the rules.. I see that there's no night fire allowed.

So, does this mean that everyone has to be off the range by sunset or does that mean that there can't be any gunfire after sunset?
There cannot be any gunfire after sunset. During competitive events, several of the ranges will have people staying overnight in RVs - BBQ and socializing.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No gun fire. Sun up to sun down. You can still be on it BSing or what not, just no Pew Pew after dark

Edited: I see OKCHunter answered before I did there.

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One last question, hopefully.. can you start using the club as soon as the orientation meeting is done or is there a delay or something?

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One last question, hopefully.. can you start using the club as soon as the orientation meeting is done or is there a delay or something?
Yep. That is one of the last things they told before they dismissed us. Membership was good that day and even had cards with the gate code on them handed to use with our packet.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, take something to shoot. I’d wet my toes at the 22 training range. I can spend hours at that range anyway!

Latest posts

Top Bottom