OKC Gun Club... I'm considering joining.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone here please confirm that mailing in the application is still the only option? There was a reference mentioned about emailing it but the form says mail only. Thanks!

INSTRUCTIONS: For you to be considered for membership in the Oklahoma City Gun Club, this application must be completed and returned BY MAIL ONLY to the club.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone here please confirm that mailing in the application is still the only option? There was a reference mentioned about emailing it but the form says mail only. Thanks!

INSTRUCTIONS: For you to be considered for membership in the Oklahoma City Gun Club, this application must be completed and returned BY MAIL ONLY to the club.
I believe that is true. Print it off, fill it out, send it in.

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick range layout question -

How big are the private bays? Is there a 50Y one?

From the pics of the 500m steel gallery, all the shooting positions are from the benches, correct? Like, you couldn't shoot off a VTAC there?

If I need to put up paper to zero my rifle at 100, is that a separate range?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The private bays are probably about 25x40 yards ish.
All shooting is done from the benches except in the private bays. You can set up your own drill course if you want.
There are 3 different ranges that you can set paper at 100 yards if you want.
13F5FBB8-5B00-4B35-9C54-46C68B9BC78E.png

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The action pistol bays are the private bays as long as a match isn’t going on. Keep an eye on the calendar if you’re planning on going out that day

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick range layout question -

How big are the private bays? Is there a 50Y one?

From the pics of the 500m steel gallery, all the shooting positions are from the benches, correct? Like, you couldn't shoot off a VTAC there?

If I need to put up paper to zero my rifle at 100, is that a separate range?
No idea what the 500m steel gallery is, but I do know the silhouette range has no benches. Lay down, sit down, stand up, whatever. No bench.

As for shooting paper,
at the East Benchrest Range one can shoot paper at 50, 100, 200, 300 yds. Staple targets to existing butts.
At the West BR Range, it's 50, 100,150. Staple targets to existing butts.
At the black powder range, it's 100 yds or less, and bring your own target frames.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of the OKCGC, joining and costs.

I've got a skeet Honor's sticker so I can shoot skeet pretty much whenever I want as long as a field is open. It makes shooting skeet very convenient as I don't have to rely on an RO to be there.

Got an email telling me what day they were handing out 2023 stickers, along with a new $20 charge to go with it. Not too thrilled with the added cost, rounds have went up, ammo has went up and now convenience has just went up.

Pretty soon I'll just have to start throwing rocks at the clays.

Whine over.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've got a skeet Honor's sticker so I can shoot skeet pretty much whenever I want as long as a field is open. It makes shooting skeet very convenient as I don't have to rely on an RO to be there.

Got an email telling me what day they were handing out 2023 stickers, along with a new $20 charge to go with it. Not too thrilled with the added cost, rounds have went up, ammo has went up and now convenience has just went up.

Whine over.
You shoot skeet as a hobby, And are complaining about the cost?

You need a cheaper hobby. Like golf. Or drag racing.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Whine over.
The cost for the honors sticker was added to cover machine maintenance from those who use the trap machines the most. It was either that or raise target prices again (our target cost have gone up with each of the last 3, maybe 4, semi truckloads).

Those machines date back to the 1980s and have been serviced over the years by club volunteers. They have done a good job with maintenance and the machines throw great targets. The plan is to have the machines rebuilt by the distributor, 3 or 4 machines at a time, so that we can get another 30 years out of them. They are Beomat machines which are arguably the best trap machines available and very expensive to purchase new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom