OKC Gun Club Match 6-Mar-10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to the guys who set up the stages! I had fun, but I have to figure out how to get my gun running before double tap. If I can't, I might have to borrow one or something.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Robbie, PM ninefan, he went through setting up a G22 for limited. I seem to remember a lot of mag issues when he was going through it.

If I remember right he had to be careful about loading mags and killing springs.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Robbie, I have a G22 set up for limited. You are welcome to use it.

Thanks Lance. I may take you up on that. It was still jamming this morning, but I have a new extractor on the way from Lonewolf. Hopefully that solves the issue.

Robbie, PM ninefan, he went through setting up a G22 for limited. I seem to remember a lot of mag issues when he was going through it.

If I remember right he had to be careful about loading mags and killing springs.

I don't THINK it's mag related since it's happening with all my mags, even the ones without extensions, but if this extractor doesn't fix the problem I'll send ninefan a PM. Thanks GT.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Lance. I may take you up on that. It was still jamming this morning, but I have a new extractor on the way from Lonewolf. Hopefully that solves the issue.

I would stick with factory parts, but that's just me. Are you going to be at Oil Cap Sunday? If so, I'll throw the gun in my bag. At least you will have a back up for DT.

ninefan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the STI is spoiling me. No issues with sudden mag spring death. The 40 cal Glock was never really tolerant of leaving an extended mag fully loaded for long. The 9mm never seemed to care though even with 22-23 rnds stuffed in the mags.

I would load them up to 15, then add on another 5 to each right before I shot. Other than that I have had the main locking block pin shear, but that just caused trigger reset issues more than anything IIRC.

Extraction/ejection problems could be the extractor, extractor plunger spring/spring loaded bearing (make sure that the little spring loaded bearing is actually there), ejector/trigger housing tip shape or orientation, or possibly slide speed issues (due to loads / different recoil spring). I can't think of anything else off the top of my head that it would likely be.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stick with factory parts, but that's just me. Are you going to be at Oil Cap Sunday? If so, I'll throw the gun in my bag. At least you will have a back up for DT.

It's a factory Glock extractor, I just ordered it from Lonewolf. Lol, the LAST thing I want to do right now is bolt more aftermarket parts to my gun. I wish I had about half as many as I do. A buddy here in stillwater is going to loan me his G35, so I shouldn't need your gun but I really appreciate the offer. Hopefully a new extractor will bring mine back to life and I wont even have to mess with a different gun. I'm crossing my fingers anyway.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, thanks for the info James. I'll keep that in mind about my mags. I've got two new extractors on the way, both the LCI version and non-LCI version. Extractor springs were backordered, but I did get an extra spring loaded bearing for each extractor. I appreciate the tips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom