OKC Gun Club Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find the answer to a few questions on their website. These may be obvious or silly questions but I simply don't know. I've never been there.

I'm mainly interested in shooting pistols there.
1) Can I draw from holster?
2) How is the pistol area set up?
-am I all by myself or is it a bunch of shooters on a line?
3) is there any opportunity to shoot and move?
4) Can I bring a non relative friend?

Thanks OSA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chigger digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to the action pistol range. I am retired ,so I can go on weekday afternoons. I can always get a bay to myself and often are there alone, not sure about non relative friend yes to the rest . weekend are tougher !

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find the answer to a few questions on their website. These may be obvious or silly questions but I simply don't know. I've never been there.

I'm mainly interested in shooting pistols there.
1) Can I draw from holster?
2) How is the pistol area set up?
-am I all by myself or is it a bunch of shooters on a line?
3) is there any opportunity to shoot and move?
4) Can I bring a non relative friend?

Thanks OSA!

1. OKCGC is a private club, if you go you must be a member or the guest of a member.
Now In answer to your questions:
1. Yes
2. There are about 15 bays that are roughly 25yds X 35yds, that are available for use.
3. You can set your targets as you wish as long as you are safe and shooting INTO the berm not the ground or over the berm.
4. If you are a member, you can bring a guest a few times a year, I believe the limit in the handbook is 4 times per year.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing a limit in the rules, but I'm anti social and don't bring guests I haven't married or created...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What does the action pistol bay consist of?
Thanks!

the action pistol ranges are really nice. there is elevated platforms, buildings, windows,doorways, etc to shoot from and move around. you can set up your own course as long as you are doing it safely.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow this sounds exactly like what I was looking for. Year 1 is a little pricey but it seems like a heck of a deal starting in year 2!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow this sounds exactly like what I was looking for. Year 1 is a little pricey but it seems like a heck of a deal starting in year 2!

I've said it several times before - if you like to shoot pistols, rifles, shotguns - OKC Gun Club is the best deal on the planet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom