OKC IDPA matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to recall that IDPA was canceled at H and H during the new equipment rules that came out from IDPA HQ. But, maybe I have that wrong. I used to go to Bob Howard's some. There was a good turnout there. But, It was also on a Sat. night.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was an IDPA club that shot at H & H for perhaps 2-3 years. The folding of the activity there had nothing to do with the briefly much-maligned "new" IDPA rule book of 2005.

The effect of the 2005 book was to take IDPA back to its practical roots. The change that most objected to was the holster regulations. At the 2004 Nationals there were gentlemen wearing ladies holsters, fully dropped and offset. Not at all practical, but really gammy. There were other situations of individuals pushing the rules way past what would be "practical" for concealed daily wear. That is the why of the 2005 IDPA rulebook, which is widely accepted today as not perfect (what rulebook is) but useable.

IDPA must not have been incorrect in this reigning-in as USPSA Production and Single Stack rules closely mirror IDPA rules in many ways. USPSA Production Division recently (this summer) had a wide ranging reigning-in rules interpretation, due to the fact that numerous individuals were getting too far away from what was "production".

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did it disband or was it disbanded (involuntarily)

Why would that burst our bubble? We just want to hold an IDPA match somewhere in the OKC area.

A little bit of both from what I understand. I kinda hope you guys get another match off the ground ... the more to choose from the better it is for all of us, regardless of whether you prefer IDPA or USPSA ... Good luck!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom