OKC Mayor Signs Anti-Carry Petition!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Elemental Coffee is also tweeting about having a petition there to sign in case you need to know where NOT to buy coffee downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vote to repeal is the second step. There are plenty of anti gun folks in OKC and Tulsa and if they can get the required signatures in time, the bill gets delayed for a long time. That gives them time to campaign.
There are plenty of pro gunners in Tulsa as well, OKC Lost a district to a Democrat not Tulsa :)

As for the concept, if it’s repealed or not it doesn’t matter to me from a practical standpoint the entire household has their permit. But, with the democrats the way they are I will no longer give an inch, on anything when it comes to voting. They have made it clear the only goal is confiscation, they won’t stop until all of the “assault rifles are banned” and very likely all semi auto weapons of any kind, and probably alll weapons period. So I’m voting against them regardless of my personal belief.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m going to start a petition against permitless talking in OKC. I see no good reason why all people should be able to exercise their 1st amendment rights without a permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this is the worst thing that he does, he'll still have my vote next time. Signing a petition really isn't much of a defection.
So him being consistently anti gun isn’t a defection? He should have lost your vote a long time ago. I know it I lived where I could vote for him I wouldn’t. I won’t vote for anyone that backs anti gun legislation. And I mean anyone.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Politicians do what politicians do. In my opinion, that mostly means whatever they need to do to get people to vote for them.

Now, having said that, let me paraphrase the Mayor when he says that "a vote will settle it" . Yes, it will. So if enough signatures are obtained and this does come to a vote, we all need to get out and VOTE! If you sit at home and do not vote, you might as well sign the petition and vote against it anyway. If it comes down to it; you must vote! The system is one of checks and balances; I don't automatically look at this as a bad thing, it's the way our government works, and I actually agree with the process, in general. So the Legislature passes a certain thing and the Governor signs it. Then if somebody still doesn't like it, there is a way to get it back in front of the people: This is how it's done; through a petition. I do like that there is a procedure to legally challenge such things. This is simply an example of our democracy in action. We don't always have to like it, but thank The Good Lord we have a process to challenge the powers that be.

Many of us here have fought for this country and the things it stands for. One thing we fought for was to protect YOUR right to disagree. So I disagree with the Mayor, but I will still put it on the line for his right to disagree. (By the way, Marines do not train to die for their country. No; we train to make the other poor bastage die for his country).

We think we won a small victory regarding Constitutional Carry, and we did, but face it, in a true democracy, there must be a process that allows for legislative actions to be reviewed; to be "put to the test" if you will, and this is it. So again, if they get the required number of signatures, and it goes to a vote, then so be it: VOTE. Let's settle it.

So many other countries do not allow its citizens to challenge legislative actions like this, in many places, a challenge equals dissent, and dissent often means you go to jail or even disappear. Now aren't you glad we live in the USA? If the answer is no, then you might consider leaving. Nobody is making you stay here in this horrible country that allows its citizens voices to be heard without fear of government reprisal. Why, you can even make a sign that says, "Down with Mayor Holt" and go walk around in a circle in front of City Hall all day and all you'll get is some odd looks. No jack-booted government thugs will whisk you away and beat you with a rubber hose in a damp basement. Try it in many other civilized countries and see how you get treated.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's why we have elections. While I disagree with some of his actions, including this petition, I am far more pleased with him than some of his predecessors, and certainly more pleased with him than with those who were running against him. It is an unfortunate fact that we must elect leaders for their entire package rather than just those issues that are the most important to us as individuals. A mayor, though somewhat limited in power, must be mayor for the entire city, not just me.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son of a *****, we apparently live in a democracy where mob rules. I’ll be damned, all this time I thought we lived in a constitutional republic, where the majority could not usurp the rights of the few just because they outnumber them. Good to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom