OKC memorial marathon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the wife decided to run the Memorial 1/2 marathon this year. I’m debating if I should try to get her downtown from Okarche that morning or if I should just rent a hotel. Any advice from those that have done it? If we stay in a hotel can you actually get back out of there later?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the hotel room and make a weekend out of it. We live in Edmond and still get the hotel room for 2 nights. Gives my wife a chance to come back to the room to get cleaned up after the race. Then she crashes for a nap for a little while before she feels normal again.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in Norman so I drive up the morning of. Depending on her time she might start at 7:30 so your call on that drive. Night before would be good to have an evening with her and then sleep in.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thank you all. I went ahead and booked a room. Kinda crazy how uninformed the hotels were about the event and how parking/ingress and egress from the area would be

Latest posts

Top Bottom