OKC Metro Eat-N-Shoot - March 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We like loud. You will be surprised at some of the guns that will be there. Everything from MM super accurate 22 to .....well everything except rocket launchers.....If there's a gun you want to shoot, speak up. One of us may have it and will bring it along for you to try. (Except for the RPG of course)

Yep, loud is good. Besides, lots of us old guys can't hear very well anymore anyway. We can just tell those guys that do still have the ability to hear to double up on ear protection. I wanna shoot that loudenboomer AR for sure!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you need is any piece of Tupperware that says Glock on it. They have divisions for pocket (42 & 43), stock, and unlimited (mods). I currently only participate in the pocket and stock with my 43 and 19. I was unsure what to expect the first time, but Big Boys is super helpful and explain what's going on. Really we're all just shooting paper targets at the same, but I enjoy it. I really like that Glock has something like this. Plus, they giveaway a Glock and Glock swag via a drawing.

If you join the GSSF for 2 years at 30 a year, you get a Blue Label coupon in the mail a couple weeks later. I paid 425 before tax for my 19 w/ 3 mags. You get a coupon for every year that you're a member.

Awesome, thank you. Everyone was really great at the last ENS. I look forward to many more meet ups in the future.

I would be in the unlimited class with every one of mine. And they are nowhere near a competition gun.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be in the unlimited class with every one of mine. And they are nowhere near a competition gun.

...I would be in unlimited as well but I am nowhere near a competition shooter. Spray and pray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an extremely loud piston Ar pistol. Everyone at the range either hates my guts or wants to see what I have. Brian at Big Boys helped me get it going, as it was my first AR. (I'm grateful to him and the folks at Big Boys. Only range I will patronize now.) Filing my form 1 on it this week. Anyone is welcome to shoot it.

My ears already hate you...but bring the gun.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised in a small house with 2 brothers and 2 sisters (I being the youngest). The last thing I considered loud was was standing next to the speakers at Texas Jam in the 70's and even that was mild compared to my two teenage sisters fighting over the bathroom.

Lol. Yeah, I mean it is a gun but I've been surprised at the reaction of some people at the range. One couple at H&H refused to even come into my section until I was done. I knew the shorte barrels were louder when I got it, but was still surprised. The flash and sound when compared against the recoil still is a bit of a mental disconnect.

skyvin

New to the site!
Reaction score

I don't think it matters much. You can get thrown in Unlimited by just having a laser sight. Only 17 competitors shot in February's Unlimited match and only 8 shot 480 or above out of 500. And 4 of 17 competitors shot different guns, so really there was only 13 different shooters. Honestly, it's a lot of fun and most don't take it very seriously. We're just there to BS and shoot some Glocks. After the final match in March, the next set of 3 matches start April 15th.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just hope we have a good turn out like last time. I'm going to put a Glock OEM 3.5 Connector and a 6 lb Competition trigger spring in my latest Gen4 Glock 19 for anybody interested. I had one set up like this before and really liked the improvement in the trigger pull and reset it made for me. So, come join us if you can.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: We are still on for the ENS on March 18. Details in post #1. I just learned today that some members are apparently concerned about coming to this event and having others get in their case over political or religious differences. I respectfully ask that if you do come, please come for the camaraderie and fun; let's leave our political and religious opinions out of it. The last ENS was a great time, I look forward to this one being a lot of fun as well. I for one intend to have a good time! Hope to see a lot of you there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom